cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vPilot
Engaged Sweeper
I have created a summary report to help with tracking certain deployments and stats about our systems in Lansweeper, and I want to create a chart report to share the counts of each of those columns. I have tried to query the custom report value generated by Lansweeper (web50rep...) for the summary report, but the report creation tool continues to error out saying 'Invalid SELECT statement. Unknown object name: "web50rep..."'.

Since this summary report gives me everything I already need, I don't want to have to rebuild it or create a one-line report to get each of the numbers from each default table. Any ideas on how to overcome this?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andy_Sismey
Champion Sweeper III
Hi,

You will need to edit the View directly in SQL, I don't think the Lansweeper editor is capable, if you create a dummy report in the Lansweeper editor with the default SQL and name it eg "chart: Test report" , select "Save and Run" and the report will be displayed, take note of the ID eg -"web50rep56fgdgddggdgddd", Open the SQL Server Manger and browse to the Lansweeper Database and Views and locate the ID, edit the query and enter your SQL something like:

SELECT OS, COUNT(AssetID) AS Count
FROM dbo.web50rep56fgdgddggdgddd
WHERE OS like 'Win 10%'
GROUP BY OS

Save the Query and re-run the report in Lansweeper and the Query should work ?

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
vPilot
Engaged Sweeper
Yep, that's what I had to do in the end. I didn't want to attempt this route at first in case it caused an issue, but it looks like all is working just fine!
Andy_Sismey
Champion Sweeper III
Hi,

You will need to edit the View directly in SQL, I don't think the Lansweeper editor is capable, if you create a dummy report in the Lansweeper editor with the default SQL and name it eg "chart: Test report" , select "Save and Run" and the report will be displayed, take note of the ID eg -"web50rep56fgdgddggdgddd", Open the SQL Server Manger and browse to the Lansweeper Database and Views and locate the ID, edit the query and enter your SQL something like:

SELECT OS, COUNT(AssetID) AS Count
FROM dbo.web50rep56fgdgddggdgddd
WHERE OS like 'Win 10%'
GROUP BY OS

Save the Query and re-run the report in Lansweeper and the Query should work ?