cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
crashff
Champion Sweeper
My office has finally decided to start using a unified naming convention for our computers, so I turned on Rename Detection first, and then renamed a handful of laptops last night. Not one of them was renamed in Lansweeper. They were all detected as new machines.
I am currently running v. 6022
5 REPLIES 5
sullivane
Champion Sweeper III
DNS issue? I have that sometimes, Lansweeper can't connect VIA the hostname because DNS isn't updated.

Try using the lsclient on the machine scanning by IP

lsclient.exe /scanonip
BrianM
Engaged Sweeper III
well, it would seem I've fallen into this same issue, almost. It does detect that it has been renamed, but the scan on the PC takes a very...very...*very*...long time. Like it's been scanning since yesterday about 2PM when I deployed it. It is now almost noon...and is still trying to scan. I renamed one Tuesday, it's now Thursday and still hasn't been able to scan it. Is there something going on with this option?
sullivane
Champion Sweeper III
Well yes, Lansweeper would have to rescan the asset to pick up the change, and that wouldn't occur until your next scheduled scan of that machine. When you are in the asset, hitting "rescan asset" would force that to happen right away.
BrianM
Engaged Sweeper III
I have found that it can take up to 24 hours. Sometimes it takes a forced rescan of the old asset to make it change to the new name.
sullivane
Champion Sweeper III
You will get faster response if you email support@lansweeper.com

They don't respond on here as often.