cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mhammond
Champion Sweeper
I have created custom groups that represent assets that aren't "tracked" in LS. I'm baselining a process in which to keep track of assets like Docking Stations (that LS can't see/detect) and making groups for them and their respective deployed locations/facilities.

I've so far added 100s of assets to these custom-named groups. As I progress, and some groups get added, I am re-thinking a few naming conventions for some of the Asset Group names.

My question (multi-part):
If I simply change the name of a group (of which many assets are already assigned), will the assets assigned to those re-named groups STAY in those groups, or will I have to re-add all the assets back to the newly-named groups? And, if they get 'booted' from the old name to be added to the new group, is there a way to NOT do it individually per asset?

For fear of looking for the "easy way out", I am also not looking to manually change groups one asset at a time if I can avoid it.

I don't have access to the SQL server to be able to run scripts directly into the database.

TIA
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
FrankSc
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support
Hi,

You can rename static or dynamic groups in the GUI. Just click on their names and type a new name. This will not have an effect on the assets that are part of the group, they will remain part of the group.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
FrankSc
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support
Hi,

You can rename static or dynamic groups in the GUI. Just click on their names and type a new name. This will not have an effect on the assets that are part of the group, they will remain part of the group.