cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
micos
Engaged Sweeper II

Hello team,

Despite I have added several exclusion rules to prevent Lansweeper from scanning unnecessary targeted computer systems whose names ends to "_replica", still I need to go daily to delete them manually so as to maintain my license limit. 

The exclusion type I choose is Windows Computer and the exclusion rule I tried is : %replica% and %_replica but obviously  does not work.  Are there any ideas for a permanent solution?

thx,

Micos

5 REPLIES 5
rader
Champion Sweeper III

I use Veeam Agent for Windows so they don't create the _replicas as you're experiencing. Even my Hyper-V replicas don't create that structure, so it's not something I can experiment with.

Probably best to see if Tech Support can help. But if you post code, it may help jog someone else's mind.

Good luck.

rader
Champion Sweeper III

Are the _replica comptuers part of another scanning target? According to this article each scanning target works independently of each other. It could be that their being picked up on an IP scan.

micos
Engaged Sweeper II

Hello, 

No the _replica computers are offline VMs sitting on Hyper-V guests which I cannot exclude from scanning because these Hyper-V guests are also hosting live VMs.

rader
Champion Sweeper III

I have a similar Hyper-V structure but do not see any "replica" entries on any of my reports. Some are online and some are offline too.

Could you post your report here so I can take a look?

micos
Engaged Sweeper II

The _replica computers which are offline VMs and are sitting on Hyper-V guests are offline copies of the live servers due to Veeam Backup & Replication. This is the reason I need to prevent Lansweeper from scanning  these unnecessary _replica computers because there are just offline copies and since my  license is every time close to exhaustion, I delete them manually. 

**When you replicate a VM, Veeam Backup & Replication creates an exact copy of the VM in the native Microsoft Hyper-V format on the target host. Veeam Backup & Replication maintains this copy in sync with the source VM.