cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ian_Prentice
Champion Sweeper
Hi Folks,

I would like to be able to scan the active directory user path at least once per hour (ideally every 30 minutes). At the moment, it looks like I can only set it up for once per day. Other than configuring multiple scan schedules for it, is there another way of doing it?

Thanks!
Ian
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ErikT
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support

@Ian_Prentice 

Active Directory information can be scanned by several different scanning methods

AD info is pulled from your domain controller, not the client machines.

REMARK:
Please note that Lansweeper will not refresh any AD info if it already did in the last 20 hours. This 20-hour cooldown is tracked in the scanning service memory and is not reset by rescanning any of the above-mentioned Active Directory scanning targets.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
ErikT
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support

@Ian_Prentice 

Active Directory information can be scanned by several different scanning methods

AD info is pulled from your domain controller, not the client machines.

REMARK:
Please note that Lansweeper will not refresh any AD info if it already did in the last 20 hours. This 20-hour cooldown is tracked in the scanning service memory and is not reset by rescanning any of the above-mentioned Active Directory scanning targets.

Ken1
Engaged Sweeper II

I need to use the Group Path scanning target, as i'm scanning for useres in a group, and not a device.

So... I will need another tool, for AD change mangement then?

ErikT
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support

@Ken1 If you want to use the built-in AD reporting and alert notifications for AD change monitoring, you will indeed be limited by the 20-hours cool-down period.

Ken1
Engaged Sweeper II

It could be something like; if a specific AD group is selected in the adsi path, it woul be possible to scan AD more often, and schedule the report? 🙂

Ken1
Engaged Sweeper II

Could this be implemented?

I have a scanning for a specific group, and would like to scan every 5-10 min. like i can schedule in other scan types.

Would be GREAT, so we actually could use LanSweeper as an AD change monitor also.

Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
The only way to effectively set up an alert like that is by using a specially crafted report.

Reports alerts only send something when the report has information. So you could create a report alert that sends one out every minute, as long as the report will only contain info when you need to be alerted.

For example, a report that only shows new assets created in the last 10 minutes. Send the report alert every 10 minutes. If it's empty, nothing happens, but if a new asset was created, you get the alert.
Esben.D wrote:
The only way to effectively set up an alert like that is by using a specially crafted report.

Reports alerts only send something when the report has information. So you could create a report alert that sends one out every minute, as long as the report will only contain info when you need to be alerted.

For example, a report that only shows new assets created in the last 10 minutes. Send the report alert every 10 minutes. If it's empty, nothing happens, but if a new asset was created, you get the alert.

ah! Yes. that's the answer!

Thanks Esben!
Ian.Prentice wrote:
Esben.D wrote:

ah! Yes. that's the answer!

Thanks Esben!

Sorry, jumped the gun there. The report will only send out info that has been scanned. if the accounts haven't been scanned in the last 12 hours for any changes, then the changes won't be reflected in the report. As far as Lansweeper is concerned, the groups haven't changed as the AD users haven't been re-scanned.
CyberCitizen
Honored Sweeper
Ian.Prentice wrote:
Hi Folks,

I would like to be able to scan the active directory user path at least once per hour (ideally every 30 minutes). At the moment, it looks like I can only set it up for once per day. Other than configuring multiple scan schedules for it, is there another way of doing it?

Thanks!
Ian

Have to use Active Scanning or schedule Multiple Scans.