cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nbjeter3
Engaged Sweeper
My current environment consists of 1 main Lansweeper Server (Heretofore referred to as LSmem) and 24 remote scan servers. Until recently this has been working fine. Each remote site that is big enough to have onsite servers have their own scan server. That scan server is assigned it's own AD Users and AD Computers Scan and the Desktops Servers and Users for each site have their own OU in AD. On each server the AD Users and AD Computers scans are set to run on the Site's own OU, and the IP scans are configured for just that site's IP ranges. The IP scans are set to run every 3 hours (this is the lowest interval I could manage without building up the Scan Queues). The AD scans are set to go off every night between 11pm local time and 12am Local time. Our Main Scan server, LSmem, also does AD User scans and AD Computer scans, not only for our Corporate site, but also the smaller sites that aren't big enough to have their own onsite servers. Again the intervals are set roughly the same except the IP scans are spaced out every 4 hours since they have the additional IP Ranges to scan as well and those are all remote scans. This has been working quite well for a long time... until now...

Normally when I pull an asset up it shows which scan server it is assigned to it. Remotels1, Remotels2, etc. Suddenly a few days ago, It was brought to my attention that the scans on assets were taking a very long time to update their information. When I started digging into it, I found that LSmem was suddenly trying to scan ALL of our servers, and many of the remote assets. No Changes have been made to the Scan settings, Nothing has changed in the way they handled their scanning duties. Added to that, the remote scanners were ALSO trying to scan the same assets that LSmem was trying to scan. Somehow the battle of wills has caused scans to be incomplete, or just hung up completely. Now I've got scan queues backing up like never before, reports not showing correct information, and large numbers of unhappy managers yelling that they can't get accurate information. I tried upgrading to the latest version on all of my scan servers and still the problem persists. Whenever I pull up my list of Assets linked to LSmem it shows all of the servers (including the remote scan servers) all linked to and being scanned by LSmem. I've tried manually reassigning them to the correct scan servers and still they get snatched back up by LSmem.. Anyone have an issue like this? I've had a support ticket open with LS for 2 days now and with multiple additions to the ticket with what I have tried, with no response. And since I'm in the US and they have no support line I usually only hear from them once a day..
2 REPLIES 2
FrankSc
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support
Hello Norman,

Our apologies in the late response on your support case. We don't offer 24/7 support at this moment unfortunately.
We've noticed that you are in contact with Support at the moment. We hope this can be sorted out soon through the case.
nbjeter3
Engaged Sweeper
Still no response from Lansweeper support. Betting I will hear back from them some time on the weekend.. probably around 3am.. I am so tired of this. For a company with such a powerful product, that is so widely used in so many enterprise environments, you would think they could afford an 800# to support their users with.