cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
menoskeym
Engaged Sweeper
All,

I am trying to move from SQLExpress that comes with LS over to SQL Server. I have installed the latest version (6.0.151.26) on both the main scanning server with SQLexpress and on the SQL server. When I try and migrate the sdf the file in the LS\SQLData folder shows schema v150. When I point to the new SQL server I show schema v153. When I look at the SQLExpress it shows v153 also. What step did I miss? Thanks. -Mike
5 REPLIES 5
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
Just some clarification, because some terms are being mixed here.

SQL Compact is different from SQL Express. SQL Express is a version of SQL server (the free version)

To really check what your old installation is using, I'd recommend checking Configuration\Database Tables.

SQL Compact
SQL Express

If you are using SQL Express, I think you might still have an SQL Compact Database in your installation folder from a previous move.

If you want to move from SQL Express to SQL Server, you should follow these instructions: https://www.lansweeper.com/kb/170/moving-your-database-to-a-different-server.html

If you have verified that you are indeed using SQL Compact then the original linked article should work.
menoskeym
Engaged Sweeper
As far as I can tell. I have sent an email to support for help per what your post. This is the second instance of LS I have managed and this worked fine in my old environment. Can't think of what I could be doing wrong or off.
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
Are you sure you are using a recent backup?

Not quite sure what the problem might be. If you've checked everything, it is best to contact our support team (support@lansweeper.com) with screenshots of what you've explained.
menoskeym
Engaged Sweeper
Yes, that was the document I followed. When I select the SDF file from the SQLData folder on the LS server it reports back that the schema is 150. If I look in the section for database tables it states it is 153. The new SQL server shows 153 also. So where am I making an error? The LS server has been online for quite some time and I updated a day or two after the latest release.
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
I'm assuming you are are referring to this KB article: https://www.lansweeper.com/kb/73/moving-your-database-from-sql-compact-to-sql-server.html

If you have updated both Lansweeper installations to the latest version, the databases should have the exact same schema version.

I would recommend checking if your SQL Compact installation actually finished updating.