cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jacobsenm
Engaged Sweeper III
Hi

What I miss in the last update of LANSweeper 4.1 is a search which is querying like "Containing" in stead of "Starts with".

For example if I want to search for software that contains the word "office" it does not find all the office licenses. is that a search is querying like "Starts with" in stead of "Contains".

This was working that way in the previous versions.

Is this something that you can integrate again ?

Thank you

6 REPLIES 6
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
A "contains" filter will be included in Lansweeper 5.0, which is currently in development. We expect to have a beta installer ready somewhere in October. Anyone with an active Lansweeper license is guaranteed free access to all updates, including the 5.0 one.
PeteWilson
Engaged Sweeper II
Any update on a better web console search bar?

I would suggest doing a begins with, and if there are empty slots left, doing a contains search and appending those results up to the max results returned.

That would be much more useful but still prevent software from overwhelming mac or other searches.

I modified the search to add contains results for computers and software after the begins results, and it doesn't seem slower for our small (1152 computers) database, but much more useful now.

I also think from analyzing the query that a trick would be to use the % as a wildcard: type in %AIR as a contains search, type in Micro%Viewer two match both words.

I also modified the highlight code to handle % and trailing space characters so matches show up properly.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Search will be overhauled in one of our future updates.

Reinstating the "Contains" search as it was before isn't ideal, since a lot of irrelevant information is returned when you are NOT looking for software.
positronic_mis
Engaged Sweeper
I was looking for this features myself... there are times that we only know portion of the software name but not the exact application string.

Thanks.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
This will be integrated again (for software)
jacobsenm
Engaged Sweeper III
Is there any solutiuon for this issue ?

Thank you