cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
techreg
Engaged Sweeper III
I know this subject has been discussed in the past, but I still haven't find a satisfying answer.

Conceptually, the security settings (ACLs) on the website subdirectory are a big no-no: Everyone with full control on the whole subdir? It seems to me quite a security issue, and the fact that you can limit somewhat the access from the outside to certain groups/IP address does not mitigate the fact the web server is left vulnerable to hacks.

So, in 2015, are we really sure this is the only way Lansweeper 5.x can work? Is it possible that after so many years a better security scheme has not been devised yet?

TIA,

Andrea
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
The default installation takes into account that many users need to have Lansweeper accessible and operative directly after the installation. On larger networks we recommend that you set up folder permissions according to your requirements. Keep in mind that the SYSTEM account needs to have full access to all folders.
For the moment there is no functionality which would automatically change security settings on Lansweeper installation folders.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
The default installation takes into account that many users need to have Lansweeper accessible and operative directly after the installation. On larger networks we recommend that you set up folder permissions according to your requirements. Keep in mind that the SYSTEM account needs to have full access to all folders.
For the moment there is no functionality which would automatically change security settings on Lansweeper installation folders.