cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gianluca_C
Lansweeper Alumni

What would you like to see as use case for Service Desk integration for Lansweeper

• Asset context in the service ticket based on the username of the reporter: when the user raises an issue type incident the service ticket gets information from Lansweeper and pre-fill all reporter’s asset details (IP, asset name, location ,model, vendor, SN, LS URL, warranty date,…)
  • Have in the service desk tool or in Lansweeper the list of tickets associated with the same asset: e.g asset sent to repair for overheating, and then reassigned to another user that raises the same problem again
  • other.....
5 REPLIES 5
Nisanth
Engaged Sweeper II
I'd like to add another vote for Jira integration! Here's a list of things we'd like to see:
  •  Asset context: we'd like the ability to manually add not just assets but also a group of assets to the ticket - e.g. firmware upgrade on all printers or particular printer models requiring those printers to be linked to the ticket. These groups could be pre-defined in Lansweeper.
    • bonus would be the ability to copy/export asset info like name, model, serial, etc - to be added to a checklist on the ticket for tracking progress on each asset or in comments/forms/etc. I suppose this can be done in Lansweeper using reports, but would be convenient to be able to do it on the ticket.
    • highlight when there are any notes/warnings associated with an asset - this could be based on an asset field in Lansweeper not being empty, like the notes field or a custom field
    • similar to CleanH20's request, allow us to change the State of an asset from the ticket - e.g. In repair, Broken, Active
    • be able to see an asset's relations/dependencies
  • List of tickets associated with an asset: ideally we would be able to search for assets and find their associated tickets without first having to add the asset to a ticket.
    • Jira search allows exporting of forms data associated with search results. This would allow us to quickly pull up maintenance records for an asset by searching for its associated tickets. So hopefully we can search for assets in Jira search and display linked tickets.
  • Link Confluence/Jira service desk knowledgebase articles to assets
  • Scoped set of assets: ensure searchable assets for a Jira service desk agent correspond to permissions in Lansweeper. We use SSO with Azure AD for both services.
Gianluca1
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee

Hello.

thank you very much for your comments, the proposed use cases are fascinating. Which version of Jira are you running (Standard, Pro,...).?

The implementation requires on Lansweeper's side enhancements in terms of 1) information we export (e.g. custom fields), 2) ability to edit fields via the API  3) support for scopes in the API; on Jira we need to verify the feasibility that would depend on the version used.

I'm Product Manager for integrations, I would like to get more info regarding the group device use cases, if you can please reach me out at gianluca.colucci@lansweeper.com and I'll sort out a call

BR

/Gianluca

Nisanth
Engaged Sweeper II
Hello Gianluca,

We're using Jira Cloud Premium together with Atlassian Access for SAML/SSO. The main feature of Premium that we need is Asset and Configuration Management - the rest of the features we can live without.

Currently we import Lansweeper assets into Jira Assets (aka Insight). So if Lansweeper provided a marketplace add-on for asset integration even Jira Standard would be suitable for us. Otherwise I imagine the integration would be based on automatic import of Lansweeper assets into Jira Assets, but this could mean that customers using Jira Standard wouldn't be able to integrate with Lansweeper.

It's particularly busy this week for us but I hope to be free to discuss further in the coming days and will reach out to you via email then.

Thanks for your consideration of these features
Gianluca1
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee

Hello @CleanH2O ,

thank you so much for your feedback. The use case you proposed is clear, it requires an enhancement to our API though, at the current moment we don't support editing of assets. I inserted your feedback in the backlog, this is definitely where we want to go.

I would like to know from other users if they see other possible use cases for a Jira integration with Lansweeper

CleanH2O
Engaged Sweeper

In addition to the 2 you noted, we would like to be able to track asset assignment/reassignment/retrieval via our Jira Service Desk and push these asset assignments into Lansweeper.