cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
scottj52101
Engaged Sweeper
We're just getting fired up with LS HD, so a few questions:

1 - I've set round robin Auto-Assign for three members of our team (set the other two of us as excluded agents), but our new tickets aren't auto-assigning. Am I missing something? Their team is the default for the specific ticket type, but so far no tickets are assigning to anyone.

2 - Is it possible to set a ticket so that a group of people can view it, without being added as CC Users? Example: Our LAB dept has 10 employees; how can I set the ticket so all LAB staff can view, but not receive every email that's sent via ticket update? They have a dept email, so I've set up a LAB user, but individuals can't view tickets; only the creator can view

3 - Is it possible to set defaults for Custom Fields, i.e., Radio Buttons, Comboboxes?

4 - Is it possible to completely delete custom field info? I'm thinking of having our HR dept send tickets - could they include personal information that we could delete before adding a CC User? I'm not sure they'd create enough tickets to add them as Agents, for Internal notes, so I'm thinking of an HR-only ticket to start, then have the Dept Manager start a separate ticket and merge the two, if deletion isn't possible.

All in all, I'm pretty happy with Help Desk, so far, and I've made some fans along the way. Thanks!
2 REPLIES 2
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
scottj52101 wrote:

1 - I've set round robin Auto-Assign for three members of our team (set the other two of us as excluded agents), but our new tickets aren't auto-assigning. Am I missing something? Their team is the default for the specific ticket type, but so far no tickets are assigning to anyone.

Please note that only tickets imported via email are auto assigned. Unfortunately, there is no auto assignment yet for tickets created in the web console.

scottj52101 wrote:

2 - Is it possible to set a ticket so that a group of people can view it, without being added as CC Users? Example: Our LAB dept has 10 employees; how can I set the ticket so all LAB staff can view, but not receive every email that's sent via ticket update? They have a dept email, so I've set up a LAB user, but individuals can't view tickets; only the creator can view

If the person is a helpdesk agent, you can subscribe them to the ticket. Otherwise, adding them as a CC user is the only option.

scottj52101 wrote:

3 - Is it possible to set defaults for Custom Fields, i.e., Radio Buttons, Comboboxes?

I assume you mean automatically populating a custom field when you create a ticket. This is unfortunately not possible yet. However, I've added this topic to the feature request regarding automatically populating custom fields.

scottj52101 wrote:

4 - Is it possible to completely delete custom field info? I'm thinking of having our HR dept send tickets - could they include personal information that we could delete before adding a CC User? I'm not sure they'd create enough tickets to add them as Agents, for Internal notes, so I'm thinking of an HR-only ticket to start, then have the Dept Manager start a separate ticket and merge the two, if deletion isn't possible.

You could delete any personal information from tickets before adding CC users if the custom fields are not required. If the custom field is required, you could replace the contents with a placeholder or something (if it is a text field).

scottj52101 wrote:
Also, is it possible to edit the text of the Email report? It seems to be working nicely, but I'd like to personalize it a bit.

Currently the text in a email report alert is not customizable, However, I've added you to our list of customers requesting this feature to add weight to the feature request.
scottj52101
Engaged Sweeper
Also, is it possible to edit the text of the Email report? It seems to be working nicely, but I'd like to personalize it a bit.