cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Leslie_Strooban
Engaged Sweeper III
Hi folks,

Is there a way to configure a shared mailbox for the helpdesk?
The problem with those is that you don't get a password for them from Microsoft, so I have no way (that I know of) to enter the credentials for incoming and outgoing mail.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
gkeys
Engaged Sweeper II
Tried to answer this yesterday, but had issues logging into the forum.

Shared mailboxes on Office 365 can not be used for Lansweeper. I went through it in detail back during beta testing. The only way you can use O365 email is to give Lansweeper its own account. You can use a low cost license such as an E1 but it must have its own.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Leslie_Strooban
Engaged Sweeper III
Hi jstewckf,

Pardon my late reply, I was on holiday.

Before making this post I tried just that. It worked partially, in the sense that I could activate it, but then Lansweeper took all the mails from the mailbox of the licensed user to turn them into tickets.

Did you get that to work with both incoming and outgoing mail?

Leslie.
jstewckf
Engaged Sweeper
We did manage to get this working, but it needs to use the credentials of someone with a valid O365 license that has rights to that shared mailbox.

In the userID section of the helpdesk e-mail settings account pop-up (in Lansweeper), use the format licenseduser@mydomain.tld/sharedmailboxname as the user and then that licensedusers password.

I've noticed it disconnecting a few times using this method, but by the time I start to look into what is disconnected it's back up and running. We run very lean on available O365 licenses, so this is what we're currently going with.
gkeys
Engaged Sweeper II
Tried to answer this yesterday, but had issues logging into the forum.

Shared mailboxes on Office 365 can not be used for Lansweeper. I went through it in detail back during beta testing. The only way you can use O365 email is to give Lansweeper its own account. You can use a low cost license such as an E1 but it must have its own.