cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Brendan440
Engaged Sweeper II
So right now, I am not able to update my Premium license to any of the ones mentioned in the emails that work with the new features of LANSweeper 7.

Should I bother updating to this latest version? Will I see any benefits?
22 REPLIES 22
Argon0
Champion Sweeper
The costs of adding licenses has rocketed, in March April cost per asset per year was quoted at £0.07, recently it was quoted at £0.72, now it is £1.10.
doing-bits
Engaged Sweeper
Did cost us anything else, we pay for unlimited so thats why then.

We found it worthy. A lot of 'prices have rocketed' since when? upgrades are inclusive with Lansweeper. I must be missing something to ignore me.
Argon0
Champion Sweeper
NO, if you rely on the unofficial 10% overage on assets as we do between renewals.

This has been removed as part of the upgrade, instead of now allowing you to go up to 10% over the number of assets you are registered for it stops working at the no.

My Network continues to grow, I was relying on being able to 'true up' in the MS sense at the end of a year's usage. NOW prices have skyrocketed, and they insist every asset you are scanning is accounted for in terms of licenses.

I now have to aggressively manage assets in the database removing any that are over 30 days unseen in order to be able to continue using LanSweeper (a great tool BTW), as I cannot continually go back to finance saying I need to spend more money on this...

I've had conversations with Lansweeper, but they seem to be immovable on this point.

The change in licensing terms when moving to LS7 needs to be spelled out before you move to it.
nnewton
Engaged Sweeper III
Well, you do actually disable some existing features in the new version for the legacy licenses.

I can see VMWare host disks and network interfaces for my ESX hosts in v6, in v7, there is a notification saying I must upgrade to see these items.
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
nnewton wrote:
Well, you do actually disable some existing features in the new version for the legacy licenses.

I can see VMWare host disks and network interfaces for my ESX hosts in v6, in v7, there is a notification saying I must upgrade to see these items.

Because of how different VMware scanning is now with scanning via vCenter, a lot of information is divided up into new tables. It is possible that we missed something. If that is the case (I haven't been able to tests it and see it), you should contact us, send a email to support or sales with the information and screenshots of the information missing.

That way we can get it back in ASAP.

Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
The notifications on the new features cannot be turned of as they are there to indicate that you can't access those features.

Just to assure you, your current license doesn’t change. You can still use its current features and renew at its original conditions. We do not want to force you to change licenses. However, all new Lansweeper features will only be added to our asset-limited subscriptions. This means legacy licenses can still be renewed, receive support and maintenance updates.

The decision to no longer include new features to legacy licenses was taken so we can continue to improve Lansweeper and develop new features. Even at its current price, in my opinion, Lansweeper still offers the best bang for your buck there is.
marck1024
Engaged Sweeper III
Esben.D wrote:
Just to assure you, your current license doesn’t change. You can still use its current features and renew at its original conditions. We do not want to force you to change licenses.

As new features continue to be added, we hope that in time, everyone will see that the value preposition is good enough to upgrade

So much for that. I just received an email stating:

"As a courtesy, we wanted to make sure you were aware that this will be the last time that your Premium License can be renewed. All Premium Licenses will be discontinued after January 2021."
danielm
Champion Sweeper II
marck1024 wrote:
Esben.D wrote:
Just to assure you, your current license doesn’t change. You can still use its current features and renew at its original conditions. We do not want to force you to change licenses.

As new features continue to be added, we hope that in time, everyone will see that the value preposition is good enough to upgrade

"As a courtesy, we wanted to make sure you were aware that this will be the last time that your Premium License can be renewed. All Premium Licenses will be discontinued after January 2021."

Yup. Not very happy either here.....
it9
Engaged Sweeper II
danielm wrote:
marck1024 wrote:
Esben.D wrote:

Yup. Not very happy either here.....

Tell me about it. LS is getting worst and I don't think we will pay another year.
- We have a problem with scanning (multiple renaming of assets and stucked queue). LS support basically told us that they will fix it - someday. It's been 2 months now.
- I'm not even mentioning their changes in license.
satxx
Engaged Sweeper II
We are in the same situation with a Premium licens aswell along with the helpdesk module + agents.
Im not sure we can motivate the pricejump right now just for those new features. Like nnewton mentioned its around x14 of what we are paying today which is quite the priceleap for us.

So im asking the same question as he did, can u disable those notifications so you dont have to see them?