cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AlistairFS
Engaged Sweeper
I'm trying to add network kit to the scanned assets, and for various reasons I'm attempting to use SNMPv3 to do it. I have configured the additional SNMPv3 credentials and added them to the scanning targets for a small subset of test kit. Other colleagues have configured the kit for SNMP and provided me with the details of the credentials; they've used another tool (Orion) to demonstrate that the credentials are good.

In the test group, I have 6 devices, 2 of which respond as expected, but the other 4 do not. There's nothing in their asset record to suggest any errors, just no data. Connections from Orion had the SNMP context set, but for Lansweeper setting or not setting the context seems to make no difference (setting it does stop one of the 'working' devices from responding, but that's by-the-by).

Using DeviceTester.exe also retrieves nothing, for SNMPv3 it returns:
Scanning SNMP..
SNMP disabled or wrong community
But we can test SNMP credentials in Orion, so SNMP is enabled. It's v3 so I guess the wrong community bit is just a part of a generic message.

The version of Lansweeper we're running is 8.1 and the switches are HP Aruba 2920,2930 and 5412.

Has anyone seen anything similar and/or have any ideas of things to try?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AlistairFS
Engaged Sweeper
Well, looks like we may have an SNMP configuration issue, as an alternative set of credentials seem to work fine. Pretty much proves that the problem is not at the Lansweeper end.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
AlistairFS
Engaged Sweeper
Well, looks like we may have an SNMP configuration issue, as an alternative set of credentials seem to work fine. Pretty much proves that the problem is not at the Lansweeper end.

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now