cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dheinaman
Engaged Sweeper
Is there a way to import license entitlement data into Lansweeper? We have been using Lansweeper for a while, but management now wants to investigate the software license tracking capabilities of Lansweeper.

They are piloting another product right now that has the capability of importing our Microsoft License Statement (MLS) that we downloaded from our software vendor. They were very impressed with that functionality. So far in Lansweeper, all I can do is add the license data manually.

Is there another way to add license data or is there any plans to add this feature in the future?

Thanks.
9 REPLIES 9
LeoDaniel
Product Team
Product Team

@dheinaman , unfortunately, there is no way to import MLS into Lansweeper today.  As we are evolving our Lansweeper Sites, we will be considering this type of use case.  Today, we focus on providing the inventory information for use in products that provide full software asset management capabilities like LicenseWare.  Importing MLS is the first step in understanding your license position and products like LicenseWare can help you ensure license compliance (by taking advantage of various use rights) and optimize your software spend.

If you would to talk about the topic of license management or SAM, feel free to reach out to me.  I have spend many years focused on delivering asset management (hardware and software) solutions.

Flowers
Engaged Sweeper

Any Updates?

dlafleur
Engaged Sweeper II

is there any updates on this?  This would be a nice feature to have.  

Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
We don't have a release date for this feature unfortunately. There's no built-in functionality for importing license compliance data. You could use a script to insert data directly into the relevant database tables (tblLicenses etc.), but this is not something we provide instructions or support for.
huankheong
Engaged Sweeper
this is not an easy task, even the MLS itself does not appear to be accurate when it gets too complicated
acurrier
Engaged Sweeper
Looks like it's been a couple of years. Is this still on the list? Thanks.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
We've added this to the wish list as well.
mjphelan
Engaged Sweeper II
As an additional note., it would be great if we could allocate a license to a specific user or machine.

That way it becomes easier to identify who has software they shouldn't have ;o)
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
This is currently not possible, I'll add this to the wishlist.