cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mhorvat
Engaged Sweeper
I am doing some research and have not found a good method for tracking docking stations, mouse and keyboards, etc. For example, headsets, I have been manually adding them to the user and I am not sure if I can run a report on this or not. I am thinking I would have to manually add docks, m&k combo.

Thanks for all the help and recommendations
3 REPLIES 3
CyberCitizen
Honored Sweeper
Can you not just create the asset?
Note Docking Stations / Thunderbolt etc do not report anything to Windows usable by Lansweeper. I have looked heaps including contacting Toshiba in our case and they have advised there is no way to query the serial number of the dock.

Peripherals are the same. Under the asset, there is an option for Keyboard and Mouse. Doesn't really report anything useful. You would have to add these as manual assets as well. Note it will increase your asset count as well.
CyberCitizen wrote:
Can you not just create the asset?
Note Docking Stations / Thunderbolt etc do not report anything to Windows usable by Lansweeper. I have looked heaps including contacting Toshiba in our case and they have advised there is no way to query the serial number of the dock.

Peripherals are the same. Under the asset, there is an option for Keyboard and Mouse. Doesn't really report anything useful. You would have to add these as manual assets as well. Note it will increase your asset count as well.

You're right that this would explode your asset count. I am surprised that people actually inventory keyboards and mice. They're basically worthless.

For docks I would add a custom field to the asset, assuming each user is assigned a dock with their laptop.
I suppose you could do custom fields for all the peripherals but how do you uniquely identify something as inconsequential as a mouse? Do the auditors also want to inventory staplers?
iflyvfr
Engaged Sweeper II
Mike999 wrote:
I am doing some research and have not found a good method for tracking docking stations, mouse and keyboards, etc. For example, headsets, I have been manually adding them to the user and I am not sure if I can run a report on this or not. I am thinking I would have to manually add docks, m&k combo.

Thanks for all the help and recommendations

I'm interested in this too. Our federal examiners just 'dinged' us because we can't claim Lansweeper is our inventory of record if its not tracking all assets. So we still have a paper SS that we use to track all assets that LS doesn't 'see'.

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now