cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sryan
Engaged Sweeper III
We are beginning to try and track toner replacements with Lansweeper.

1. How can I get local printers to show up under assets\printers? Only network printers show up.

2. When I run a report on printers that need toner replacements, it shows the field "lastchanged". What is this field for? It cannot be when the toner was last changed because I added a new floor to scan and all of those printers show lastchanged=today. Should I just create my own custom field for this?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
1. Lansweeper doesn't create asset pages for local printers. As they don't have a network interface, the toner level of these printers can't be scanned. Local printers are visible on the asset pages of the computers they are connected to under tab Config\Devices\Printer

2. The lastchanged field refers to the date when information about toner data was last updated by Lansweeper. That means it is the last date when Lansweeper scanned this printer and found new information about it. The date of last cartridge change isn't being scanned. You could use a custom field for this. Under Configuration\Asset pages, section Asset Custom Fields, choose a field, give it a title and change it's type to "Date".

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Doratheexplorer
Engaged Sweeper III
This is a network scanner. I'm not sure if you know how it works. So no, you can't scan local devices.
aleckane
Engaged Sweeper
Is there any chance this has changed? Are we able to view local printer toner levels?
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
1. Lansweeper doesn't create asset pages for local printers. As they don't have a network interface, the toner level of these printers can't be scanned. Local printers are visible on the asset pages of the computers they are connected to under tab Config\Devices\Printer

2. The lastchanged field refers to the date when information about toner data was last updated by Lansweeper. That means it is the last date when Lansweeper scanned this printer and found new information about it. The date of last cartridge change isn't being scanned. You could use a custom field for this. Under Configuration\Asset pages, section Asset Custom Fields, choose a field, give it a title and change it's type to "Date".

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now