cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PeterJG
Champion Sweeper II
This might be better suited for support since its pre-release version.. but I just discovered that I can't create new blank report or edit existing one.. All i get is the spinning "Loading" box..

Is anyone testing pre-release and has same issue?.. we are on IIS using virtual dir setup and SQL2014
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PeterJG
Champion Sweeper II
It turned out to be a bug once Lansweeper switched the reporting engine without testing and broke our setup because there is bug with virtual directories (www.domain.com/lansweepervirtualdir) setup. we ended up moving our IIS binding to subdomain lansweeper.domain.com and it solved issue. Lansweeper developers released fix in newer version, also version 7 should have the fix... try updating to latest 6.x version or get version 7

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
If you still have this issue after updating to Lansweeper 7. It's best to contact our support team so they can see why its still not working for you.
PeterJG
Champion Sweeper II
It turned out to be a bug once Lansweeper switched the reporting engine without testing and broke our setup because there is bug with virtual directories (www.domain.com/lansweepervirtualdir) setup. we ended up moving our IIS binding to subdomain lansweeper.domain.com and it solved issue. Lansweeper developers released fix in newer version, also version 7 should have the fix... try updating to latest 6.x version or get version 7
calogero_dimagg
Engaged Sweeper II
Hi at all,

I have the same issue with Lansweeper 7 SQL schema 161.

When I restart IIS Express service on Lansweeper Server, for some seconds reports are editable, but after reports returns unable to edit.

Do you have resolve the issue?

Regards
calogero.dimaggio wrote:
Hi at all,

When I restart IIS Express service on Lansweeper Server, for some seconds reports are editable, but after reports returns unable to edit.

Regards

Did you ever get this issue fixed? I am having exactly the same problem. Restart IIS Express allows me to edit reports for a very short time, then it breaks again.

Thanks

Graham
gritchie wrote:
calogero.dimaggio wrote:
Hi at all,

Regards

Did you ever get this issue fixed? I am having exactly the same problem. Restart IIS Express allows me to edit reports for a very short time, then it breaks again.

Thanks

Graham

Hi at all,

I tried to upgrade from latest version 6.x to 7, but the issue is not fixed!!!
I tried to perform a new Lansweeper 7 installation, but in this case Lansweeper 7 don't mantain the hash password.

I'm making a downgrade to the version 6.0.130.48.

Will a new fix be released?

Thanks

Regards
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
Strange, I have the same pre-release version running on my test machine and I haven't seen that issue.

However, as you mentioned this is indeed a case for our support team. I would recommend you send them an email and include the following:
  • A screenshot and description of the issue.
  • Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Service\Errorlog.txt, as present on your Lansweeper server.
  • Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Website\App_Data\web_errorlog.txt, if it exists.
PeterJG
Champion Sweeper II
Charles.X wrote:
Strange, I have the same pre-release version running on my test machine and I haven't seen that issue.

However, as you mentioned this is indeed a case for our support team. I would recommend you send them an email and include the following:
  • A screenshot and description of the issue.
  • Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Service\Errorlog.txt, as present on your Lansweeper server.
  • Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Website\App_Data\web_errorlog.txt, if it exists.

thanks.. i'll contact them.. it seems IIS and js issue... Web_errorlog.txt has allot of errors.. (sample repeating error below..

6/20/2018 7:14:08 AM v|6.0.230.35| : (JSError) Url:https://(redacted)/Report/editreport.aspx
Error: Uncaught ReferenceError: AQB is not defined
StackTrace: ReferenceError: AQB is not defined
at HTMLDocument.<anonymous> (https://(redacted)/Report/editreport.aspx:169:17)
at l (https://(redacted)/js/aqb/jquery-3.3.1.min.js:2:29375)
at c (https://(redacted)/js/aqb/jquery-3.3.1.min.js:2:29677)
IP: 10.x.x.xx Browser: Chrome67 (Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/67.0.3396.87 Safari/537.36)
IIS Server