cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ThKl
Engaged Sweeper II
So apparently since today you have to license a minimum of 2000 Assets, quadrupling the price for everyone below 500 Assets.

We happily payed 500€ for 180 Assets. But paying for 2000? There is no way.
Will there be an option to stay on the 500 Assets tier for ongoing customers?
42 REPLIES 42

Hello @GoodLuck123456 , I've checked with the team and would just like to clarify to you re. the SSO functionality. We're not taking away any existing functionality on the Starter plan, the current sign-on options for the 'on-prem' web console remain the same. However, SSO on our Cloud platform is a new feature, only available from the Pro plan onward.

Hope this helps clarify? Let me know if something is still unclear!

Thank you for the clarification - I am happy to hear that. 

It does though I hope I'm mistaken

skipITjob
Engaged Sweeper II

I'm sorry to say, but at that price point the competition outprices you...

PDQ is $1500 for one admin. And it has hundreds of applications ready to deploy.

Kendal
Engaged Sweeper II

Unless the new plans also change the pricing model away from your "$1 per asset"  model, there isn't enough value to warrant the 400% price increase to those of us in the under 1500 asset range.  

skipITjob
Engaged Sweeper II

Our renewal is just around the corner and thankfully (this year) it's still £500.

I will not renew if they increase their pricing. Hopefully the company doesn't grow so much, that I will need more than 500 assets.

The cloud is nice, but a bit lacking... 

Also, lack of LAPS support is concerning...

StevenLC
Engaged Sweeper

I don't understand the logic with cutting off all tiers under 2000 - there's a lot of smaller orgs using LS, and this has completely ruined the value of LS for them.

vonderau
Engaged Sweeper II
Im sorry to say but I think you are all wasting your time.
Lansweeper seems to have stopped caring about it's customers budgets and is only looking for money.
When they forced us off of a legacy Unlimited Ultimate (this was not a small price increase for us we are a 5000+ asset shop) it was with the promise of new features well i'm still waiting for new features that are actually useful and are not hidden behind additional hidden fees.

We are currently in the process of deemphasizing Lansweeper in our environment and replacing it with tools we already pay for such as System Center or are open source like LibreNMS.

As a side note: Lansweeper the giant notification that can't be turned off at the bottom of my screen telling me that I have used 96% of my asset licenses is super customer friendly.
Swezey
Engaged Sweeper
I just looked again and we have 203 assets with 35 of them being monitors so 168 assets that we are paying $500 for. This is $2.98 per asset per year - which seems somewhat OK. When the price increase kicks in, this will balloon to $11.90 per asset per year - a 4X increase. Someone at Lansweeper is not thinking about their pricing models very deeply. A price per asset makes sense but not $2000 if you have a little over 150 assets. So again I'd like to propose either raising the free tier to something like 500 or 1000 OR put in tiers that make it so small companies don't get hammered. Something like:

0 - 250 FREE
250 - 500 $500
500 - 1000 $1000
1000 - 2000 $1500
2000+ $1 per

Anyway, still looking for good alternatives in case we have to jump ship. Any suggestions community?

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now