cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tbrokenshire
Engaged Sweeper
Hi all,

I've searched the forum and cannot find the answer I need. What is the name of the LsAgent package on Linux? I looked at my installed packages and do not see one that sticks out as being Lansweeper-related. I see the service called LansweeperAgentService but not the package name. I need to uninstall it from a few machines and have been unable to do so.

Thanks for your time!

Cheers,

Troy
3 REPLIES 3
kh-vince
Hello everyone,

Due to the age of this post, it has been archived. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.
prighi61
Engaged Sweeper III
Hi tbrokenshire,

you installed LsAgent presumibily in /opt/LansweeperAgent.
Go to that folder, make the file uninstall executable and execute it.

root@debian11-64:/# cd /opt/LansweeperAgent
root@debian11-64:/opt/LansweeperAgent# chmod +x uninstall
root@debian11-64:/opt/LansweeperAgent# ./uninstall
Do you want to uninstall LsAgent and all of its modules? [Y/n]:

Bye.

Paolo.

that uninstalls the agent, but doesn't remove the service, just FYI. When you reboot your machine you will get a failure that the lansweeper service failed to start

user@host:~$ systemctl --type=service --state=failed
  UNIT                           LOAD   ACTIVE SUB    DESCRIPTION                   
● LansweeperAgentService.service loaded failed failed LSB: Start daemon at boot time

user@host:~$ systemctl status LansweeperAgentService.service
× LansweeperAgentService.service - LSB: Start daemon at boot time
     Loaded: loaded (/etc/init.d/LansweeperAgentService; generated)
     Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Sat 2023-06-10 23:20:26 UTC; 14s ago
       Docs: man:systemd-sysv-generator(8)
    Process: 1988 ExecStart=/etc/init.d/LansweeperAgentService start (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)
        CPU: 24ms

Jun 10 23:20:26 host systemd[1]: Starting LSB: Start daemon at boot time...
Jun 10 23:20:26 host LansweeperAgentService[1988]: Starting LansweeperAgentService
Jun 10 23:20:26 host LansweeperAgentService[1988]: /etc/init.d/LansweeperAgentService: line 36: cd: /opt/LansweeperAgent: No such file or directory
Jun 10 23:20:26 host LansweeperAgentService[1988]: Unable to start, see /var/log/LansweeperAgentService.log and /var/log/LansweeperAgentService.err
Jun 10 23:20:26 host systemd[1]: LansweeperAgentService.service: Control process exited, code=exited, status=1/FAILURE
Jun 10 23:20:26 host systemd[1]: LansweeperAgentService.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.
Jun 10 23:20:26 host systemd[1]: Failed to start LSB: Start daemon at boot time.

In order to remove the service from failing during reboots, run the following:

sudo systemctl disable LansweeperAgentService.service
sudo systemctl reset-failed