cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ksherazksheraz
Engaged Sweeper
Hi folks,

I was using the lansweeper version 7.2.108.6 with SQL Compact. So I upgraded it to the latest version 8.0.130.35.

I follow lansweeper guide and converted the sql compact into SQL LocalDB first. During the migration process, I got the following error message
Error Message

Error

I ignored the above message with the impression DB migration has been done sucessfully and went ahead to the latest version upgrade process. So update was successful though it ask me licence key and scanning credentials after the update process as it is first time set up which was strange.

So now I am testing the things and I can see my helpdesk tickets are there. But when I run any report it says

Error: Report cannot be found.

I could not see some of my custom assets under the assets tab too.

Please advise what went wrong and how to fix the issues.

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
FrankSc
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support
Hello,
The cause of the error will an asset for which the Description exceeds the length if this field in the table tblAssets.
Potentially the import stopped after the error and then you might miss data.

You could run a report on your environment now that holds the SQL compact database and look for the asset that holds the description that is too long and clean that up. Afterwards you can try to run the migration from SQL Compact to LocalDB again.
If the issue would persist we recommend sending a mail to support@lansweeper.com
FrankSc wrote:
Hello,
The cause of the error will an asset for which the Description exceeds the length if this field in the table tblAssets.
Potentially the import stopped after the error and then you might miss data.

You could run a report on your environment now that holds the SQL compact database and look for the asset that holds the description that is too long and clean that up. Afterwards you can try to run the migration from SQL Compact to LocalDB again.
If the issue would persist we recommend sending a mail to support@lansweeper.com

Thanks for the swift reply. I have run the report and found out some of the descriptions a bit long but my questions are :

How would I know how long I can have the description?
Is there any limitation of numbers for the words should be in the description ?

Thanks

FrankSc
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support
The length of that field is 1000 characters now. It's an nvarchar datatype. So any text longer than 1000 characters will not fit in it.