cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Dear Lansweeper users,

Anyone that uses Lansweeper in combination with a barcode or QR code reader? If so, please post your experiences in this topic.

Any recommendations or models that work fine with Lansweeper (e.g. Honeywell Dolphin 6500, Motorola DS4208, ...)?
Any procedures how you are using your scanner the most efficient way, good models, ... we're curious to hear all about it and quite sure other Lansweepers are interested in your experiences too.

Many thanks in advance!

The Lansweeper team.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Steven___MAGIX
Engaged Sweeper II
We're using some cheapo noname barcode Scanner (handheld, scans only Barcodes, no QR).
Code creation happens with Barcode Forge.

We've only done some early testing, but it looks OK.

We create an asset, set cursor to the Barcode field, scan it.
Afterwards you can scan the barcode to the quick search field and it jumps right to the asset.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Steven___MAGIX
Engaged Sweeper II
We're using some cheapo noname barcode Scanner (handheld, scans only Barcodes, no QR).
Code creation happens with Barcode Forge.

We've only done some early testing, but it looks OK.

We create an asset, set cursor to the Barcode field, scan it.
Afterwards you can scan the barcode to the quick search field and it jumps right to the asset.
WING987
Engaged Sweeper II
I dont think this is exactly what you are looking for, but we do use handheld scanner (barcode scanners, lasers, guns, handhelds, laser pistols, barcode readers....and many other names used by the people on the floor) regularly, but Lansweeper has yet to pick up a single device. Although this is a problem it was not one of our important issues and has not been addressed yet, so I am unsure if the cause is our problem or lansweeper problems.

As for using the QR code in lansweeper, we do not. Yet.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
WING987 wrote:
I dont think this is exactly what you are looking for, but we do use handheld scanner (barcode scanners, lasers, guns, handhelds, laser pistols, barcode readers....and many other names used by the people on the floor) regularly, but Lansweeper has yet to pick up a single device. Although this is a problem it was not one of our important issues and has not been addressed yet, so I am unsure if the cause is our problem or lansweeper problems.

As for using the QR code in lansweeper, we do not. Yet.

Assets with any of the following protocols enabled can be scanned: FTP, HTTP, HTTPS, JetDirect, SIP, SMTP, SNMP (SNMPv1, SNMPv2 or SNMPv3) or Telnet. The information that can be scanned depends on what is sent through with the protocol.