cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brandon_jones
Champion Sweeper III
Does lansweeper not scan USB connected devices and them to assets? We have may computers that have USB attached scanners, and they are not showing up. I go to the asset page of the computer and look under Hardware and USB devices and I see the scanner listed. Is there anyway to get the device info such as serial number? I checked my settings under Scanning-> Scanned Item Interval and usbcontroler and usbdevices are checked.
3 REPLIES 3
CyberCitizen
Honored Sweeper
Check in device manager under the device and see if you can set the serial number from the details tab, most likely if its in there you should be able to query it and write it to the registry and have that as a custom scanning location.
brandon_jones
Champion Sweeper III
I can see that the scanner is connected to the computer if I goto config->USB Devices. I will have to test and see if the serial number can be queried with WMI.
CyberCitizen
Honored Sweeper
It really depends if the device can be queried via WMI. Are you saying you can see the data in Lansweeper asset page but there is no serial number?

Do you know if the asset serial number for the USB scanner can be queried with WMI?

If so it potentially could be included or written to the registry and then captured with a report. Most of the time though its heavily dependant on if the details can be queried via Windows WMI.