cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andy_Sismey
Champion Sweeper III
Hi All,

I just wanted to share an idea I had to allow Users to install approved software via Lansweeper.

These are the basic steps :

I have created a simple application EXE written in Visual Studio, this just reads a CSV of software from a server and presents a list of software to the user in a small window. (image attached), the application will check to see if the software is installed and the version , if the version in Lansweeper is newer it will display update available, already installed, or install.

When the User clicks "Install" of say Google Chrome a "TAG" file is created on the C: drive of the machine "C:\TEMP\CHROME-IN.INS"

In lansweeper I have setup a File scan for each of the TAG files and along with this a report for each with 2 criteria

1. Does TAG file exist
2. Is the software installed

I have then setup a scheduled install for every hour, this runs against each of the reports and so deploys the software as the machines are scanned and Tag file is found.

I have also added an additional part to the exe to delete the "LastScan" from the LSAgent.ini and restart the service to force a quicker scan , but this may not be needed ?

If anyone needs any additional information please let me know ?

Cheers

Andy

5 REPLIES 5
fueshy
Engaged Sweeper
Hi Andy,

I'm also looking for such an solution. Is it possible to get your EXE file anywhere?

Best Regards
Andre
Andy_Sismey
Champion Sweeper III
Hi Rasmus, here are the first steps (written very quickly) let me know when you have it working !

We can then look at the next step with the EXE

cheers

A
rbj
Engaged Sweeper
Hi Andy,

This is exactly what im looking for. Unfortunately im not experienced in creating exe application, so i hope you can share some of your work. Our users are not local administrators, so we really need a smart solution for automating deployments.

Hoping to hear from you, thank you in advandce.

Best Regards
Rasmus
Andy_Sismey
Champion Sweeper III
Hi Rasmus, Sorry for the delay ..... I'm happy to share with you, I'll write some instructions for you to create the reports and File scans so you can get started, the EXE is just a .Net application, you could Use Powershell or VBScipt (.HTA), happy to give you a copy of the EXE and you can let me know of any Customiation you need ?

Cheers

Andy

Could you please share the code with me as well? I think you have a great idea and would like to add it to our school district.