2) Report and alert E-mailing
3) Helpdesk
4) ...
313 REPLIES 313
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
wgates10 wrote:
Priority scanning (Scan Now Button)

You can already initiate priority scan requests with the Rescan buttons, if this is what you're referring to.

wgates10 wrote:
Importing of Registry information to the Computer Summary Page.

There are no immediate plans to implement this. We don't generally add information to the Summary tab, as this tab is getting pretty full as it is. You could write a script to move data from tblRegistry to tblAssetCustom (one of the custom fields), though this is not something we provide support for.

mtbikes wrote:
authenticate over SSH using a certificate for public/ private key pair

This will be added in a future release and is actively being developed, but we don't have a release date yet.

mtbikes wrote:
lsPush client for Mac and Linux

On the wish list, but no release date yet unfortunately.

mtbikes wrote:
Better search features in this forum

Which specific features are you referring to?
svap
Engaged Sweeper III
hi

first let me say that i love lansweeper, its so easy - we wouldnt know what todo without it.

i have just one wish:

please include an agent for software metering aka application usage tracking.
it would make lansweeper a much more complete suite.

to keep your product simple as it is include this agent as a somehow must enable feature.

i mean do i really need sccm to have application usage tracked?

i would love to have this kind of data aggregated in my compliance reports

thanks, peter
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
svap wrote:
hi

first let me say that i love lansweeper, its so easy - we wouldnt know what todo without it.

i have just one wish:

please include an agent for software metering aka application usage tracking.
it would make lansweeper a much more complete suite.

to keep your product simple as it is include this agent as a somehow must enable feature.

i mean do i really need sccm to have application usage tracked?

i would love to have this kind of data aggregated in my compliance reports

thanks, peter

Software usage tracking is on our customer wish list, but we do not have a release date for this feature unfortunately.
sullivane
Champion Sweeper III
I skimmed through this forgive me if I missed it.

1) An automatic backup built in.
novasam
Engaged Sweeper III
Been a loyal customer over the years, and the deployment feature is by far my favorite, even if it is a little rough in some areas, we have found it more effective then SCCM 2013 in some regards.

One benefit I found with Package Deployments is that I was able to convert some of my actions into deployments. While deployments still have their play, I would like to see the following integrations between Actions and Deployments.

1. The ability to chain deployments together (maybe nest deployments inside steps or something like that).
2. The ability to reuse steps in other deployments (Not sure how this will work GUI wise, but if you find a way it could save time)
3. The ability to select deployments that can be kicked off on a Group/Report of Assets and individual assets in the same way actions are (Advance/Basic).
4. The Ability to kick off a deployment on computers when viewing a computers in an OU on the AD Dashboard.

You guys are awesome with the new features for lansweeper, so I'm sure some of this is already in the works. Here are a couple more that would also be very helpful on the Active Directory Side.

1. A way to force a refresh of Active Directory Users from Active Directory (Kind of like an Asset Refresh Button but for users)
2. A hook or command that we can use in a user action that allows us to trigger a User rescan after we complete a user action (Much like it does after completing an Asset Package Deployment but for Users)

Looking forward for all the updates, you guys are awesome. I'll need to look at options to upgrade our Lansweeper licenses so we can have multiple scanners. Thank you again.
Frank_Huang
Engaged Sweeper
I apologize if this has been covered.
The asset management seems to be after-thought.
IT Asset does not only mean PC.
For example, we would like to define a customized group to manage all smart devices.
Obviously, it is not PC and it should has its own database field, such like IMEI number
and SIM Card number.
A template base system(object oriented) will be more flexible to cover more assets
and adapt to the rapid IT and business change.
Thanks.

Frank Huang

Frank.Huang wrote:
I apologize if this has been covered.
The asset management seems to be after-thought.
IT Asset does not only mean PC.
For example, we would like to define a customized group to manage all smart devices.
Obviously, it is not PC and it should has its own database field, such like IMEI number
and SIM Card number.
A template base system(object oriented) will be more flexible to cover more assets
and adapt to the rapid IT and business change.
Thanks.

Frank Huang

Lansweeper isn't solely focused on Windows computers. It scans Linux, Unix, Mac, VMware and many other network devices like printers and switches. Assets can also be manually added with the New Asset button or by performing a CSV import under Configuration/Scanning Setup/Database Scripts.

Creating custom asset pages for specific asset types is not currently possible, but you can use the available Custom1->Custom20 fields to store data. Custom field display names and types (text field, hyperlink...) can be managed in the Lansweeper web console under Configuration/Website Management/Asset Pages.
brianraley
Engaged Sweeper III

Creating custom asset pages for specific asset types is not currently possible, but you can use the available Custom1->Custom20 fields to store data. Custom field display names and types (text field, hyperlink...) can be managed in the Lansweeper web console under Configuration/Website Management/Asset Pages.

In this case I believe there needs to be more than 20 Custom Fields - I petition for 50. In my case I've already used all 20 fields for tracking of Backup Locations, Backup Sets, eWaste & HDD Destruction Certificate #s & Dates, Server RAID Configurations, RAID Drive Sizes and Models, Asset Grading, Dates of last Physical and Soft Maintenance, Date of last Server check, etc...
sweept
Engaged Sweeper
(...premium user! 😉 )

1) Possibility to scan dual- / multi-boot computers and show them as two (multi) assets. Then of course, it is essential that the first scanned asset respectively operating system installation doesn't get deleted as soon as the second installed operating system is booted and gets scanned.
At the moment it's only half the battle!

2) In our company we often have to rename Windows computers (without reinstalling the client). Therefore it would be great if one could update the asset's name by just clicking the "Rescan Asset" button. As far as I`m informed the LS-service currently looks for the FQDN/Netbios name when clicking the rescan button. Why doesn't it check for the IP/MAC/ActiveDirectory-ID/etc. (as second step after the original FQDN couldn't be found anymore)?
What is the best practice for this task at the moment (computer renaming detection is activated)?

3) In my opinion the current license-manager is nearly worthless (sorry!). The interconnection between an assets installed software respectively the "Recovered license keys" section and the license-manager is missing.
Example: we have many different Microsoft Office keys (single licenses). I would like to store them (e.g. license by license) in license manager. As soon as I scan an asset which uses this license (i.e. when it appears in "Recovered license keys"), there should be an interconnection between license manager and the corresponding asset. Atm there is no relation 😞 This would enable me to select a license in license manager and see on which asset it is in use or if it is unused and utilisable for a new client installation. Moreover one could detect if a single license is (illegally) installed two/three/... times.

I look forward to hearing from you.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
sweept wrote:
What is the best practice for this task at the moment (computer renaming detection is activated)?

We recommend rescanning under Configuration/Scanning Setup/Scanning Methods (e.g. with IP Address Range Scanning) and not with the Rescan buttons.

We have added your other requests to our customer wish list, but do not have a release date for them. Given everything else that's going on (the deployment beta, the help desk alpha), other features have low priority for now.