cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Walker
Engaged Sweeper
Lansweeper causes windows 2019 to shutdown every 10 minutes. I went ahead and upgraded it to the latest version and now it shuts it down every minute. Blue Screen comes up saying windows will shutdown in one minute etc.
I disable the service for Lansweeper and the problem goes away.
The problem happened after windows updates to the latest patches.
Anyone else seeing this mess?
3 REPLIES 3
stevethompson
Engaged Sweeper
Walker Edison wrote:
Lansweeper causes windows 2019 to shutdown every 10 minutes. I went ahead and upgraded it to the latest version and now it shuts it down every minute. Blue Screen comes up saying windows will shutdown in one minute etc.

Are you sure this is not related to the January 2022 security updates? It would be strange if Lansweeper alone caused this.

Out of band patch available here https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/january-18-2022-kb5010791-os-build-17763-2458-out-of-band-43697313-d8e0-4918-b6df-7f64d4d9a8cd

Steve
Steve Thompson wrote:
Walker Edison wrote:

Are you sure this is not related to the January 2022 security updates? It would be strange if Lansweeper alone caused this.

Out of band patch available here https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/january-18-2022-kb5010791-os-build-17763-2458-out-of-band-43697313-d8e0-4918-b6df-7f64d4d9a8cd

Steve

I am sure it is related as I said I had run updates to windows and the problem started after that. I am sure they are related to each other, but can not get Lan sweeper working again. Wanted to see if anyone else had seen this and had a possible fix? I will follow the link you sent and see if the patch in it helps, I see they mention domain controller reboots.
Walker
Engaged Sweeper
Walker Edison wrote:
Steve Thompson wrote:
Walker Edison wrote:

Steve

I am sure it is related as I said I had run updates to windows and the problem started after that. I am sure they are related to each other, but can not get Lan sweeper working again. Wanted to see if anyone else had seen this and had a possible fix? I will follow the link you sent and see if the patch in it helps, I see they mention domain controller reboots.

Yep that was it. Thank you!