cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vqT4cDoP9iXyMZw
Champion Sweeper

I noticed the emphasis on the recent 360 event for newly developed Cloud features.  However, due to security restrictions my installation is likely to stay on-premise as long as Lansweeper permits it (and we may cease being a Lansweeper customer if/when Cloud is the only option).

Will Lansweeper be developing these features for on-premise customers?

11 REPLIES 11

Here's a recent example for the Credential-free Device Recognition feature.  Although I'm quite interested in the functionality, our organization is unwilling to transmit device fingerprints to Lansweeper and its affiliates. 

We do not consent to provide data unique to our environment to become Aggregate Data for Lansweeper and/or its affiliates to use, particularly in the sweeping non-exclusive, perpetual, sublicensable, transferable, worldwide grant disclaimer outlined below:

vqT4cDoP9iXyMZw_0-1659639394440.png

Essentially the Cloud option establishes a footprint of our entire organization (as Lansweeper network inventory is so capable of doing) including make/model/serial number, IP addresses, user IDs, security vulnerabilities, etc. and then we release control of it to Lansweeper with no restriction on how that data may be stored, used, or secured.  In the event that Lansweeper, or its affiliates, are ever breached this risks disclosure of a tremendous amount of sensitive customer information.

Thanks for the reply - the example you provide actually means that we are interested only in device fingerprint information (which provides generic information to help improve device identification).  I would like to dig a little deeper into your statements/concerns - let's connect via email.