Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bostjanc
Engaged Sweeper III
Greetings!

I have 1 problem and 1 question, let's first start with the question:

(I.) - QUESTION:
In our company we are trying to solve licensing problem.
The idea is: we would like to check every several months what is the difference in installed software on client pc's.
For example: In May 2009, 20 computers out of 100 have installed MS OFFICE. We would like to compare how many new installation have been done since then. I already posted this question on forum several months ago and recieved an answer it will be available to do it in new version. I have just upgraded lansweeper server to version 3.5.2 today, and I was wondering if this new option is available cause' I haven't found it yet.

(II.) - PROBLEM:
I have 17 computers out of 140 with problem: Access is denied 0x80070005
I have already done all the steps from this link: http://www.lansweeper.com/kb/accessdenied.aspx
and also ran the cmd script (repair WMI on a computer) but that didn't do any good.
Now please can you tell me where can I see log files why this is happening and how can I solve this problem.

With best regards,

B

24 REPLIES 24
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
See here: http://www.lansweeper.com/kb/notfound.aspx
bostjanc
Engaged Sweeper III
Now 15 out of 150 computers has error: The RPC server is unavailable 0x800706BA

How can I solve this problem?
bostjanc
Engaged Sweeper III
I think I found out the solution:

Three months ago we have changed password for Domain Admin. A few weeks ago I found out that this password change has effect on launching the Lansweeper Server service. To avoid this happening again I have put Service: Lansweeper Server to be run with Local System account. After I have changed back to domain admin account, the PC POLH was able to connect.

Is it possible that this was it?

I will see also how will other pcs behave now.

with best regards
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
bostjanc wrote:
I think I found out the solution:

Three months ago we have changed password for Domain Admin. A few weeks ago I found out that this password change has effect on launching the Lansweeper Server service. To avoid this happening again I have put Service: Lansweeper Server to be run with Local System account. After I have changed back to domain admin account, the PC POLH was able to connect.

Is it possible that this was it?

Yes, definitely
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
I'm out of ideas.
bostjanc
Engaged Sweeper III
Hi there!

I have tried with regmon and filemon and marked only errors should appear, but the result was nothing 😞
bostjanc
Engaged Sweeper III
I will do it today and give you the resulst.

With best regards,

B
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Did you try to monitor with process monitor from sysinternals?
bostjanc
Engaged Sweeper III
http://www.2shared.com/file/12259183/a2fd43b6/printscreen-lansweeper2.html

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now