cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kungfupanda
Engaged Sweeper
Enabled active scanning but no computers show up. Already put correct info in the domain scanning and OU filtering tabs. Run connection tester and it was successful when testing a computer in the target OU.Checked the Lansweeper server service but it never got started. It seems like active scanning cann't start. Anything else I need to check?
8 REPLIES 8
kungfupanda
Engaged Sweeper
I believe you found the problem. The service account have to be local amdin on Lansweeper server. It works now. Thanks!
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Does this account has administrative rights on the lansweeper server? (is a requirement)

You can also use any administrator account on the lansweeper server and use the alternate credentials to scan the workstations.
kungfupanda
Engaged Sweeper
It looks like the service dosen't like the service account we created. Basically, we have a domain account which only belongs to domain user group but it has local admin rights on all PCs. We use it as service account for lansweeper.

So my question is, shoud the service account be in domain admin group? Can we run the service using local system account but use a domain account with local admin rights on all PC to scan the domain?
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Could you go into the details of the service and retype the username/password and try to rescan the service again.
Do you see any error in the eventviewer?
kungfupanda
Engaged Sweeper
The service couldn't start. Tried to manually start it but threw a warnning " The Lansweeper server service on local computer started and stopped. Some services stop automatically if they have no work to do, for example, the performance logs and alters service"
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Is the service started?
kungfupanda
Engaged Sweeper
Went to C:\Program Files\lansweeper\Service but there's no errorlog.txt show up there.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Could you post your errorlog.txt file please.