cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
twnadmin
Engaged Sweeper
Could not start the Lansweeper Server service on Local Computer.
Error 1067: The process terminated unexpectedly. (see attached screenshot).

I noticed this error after I upgraded to 4.0.

Update: I reverted back to the default password on the 'Lansweeperservice.exe.config' file, however, this is not the correct password for the database user. When I change the file to have the correct password LanSweeper service doesn't start and gives the error in the attached screenshot.

LanSweeper support please help!

7 REPLIES 7
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Please mail us at lansweeper@hemoco.com to assist you with the problem.
twnadmin
Engaged Sweeper
Install.log is attached. Also, now that I've deleted the tempserver, when I go to open the configuration utility I get an error when opening (see ConversionFailed.jpg) - I can dismiss the error and it continues to open but there is an hour glass; I can navigate to another tab though...
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Could you post your install.log file please.

There was a problem upgrading the database.
twnadmin
Engaged Sweeper
I've deleted the temp server and put in the correct password into the Lansweeperservice.exe.config file. Now, the service starts up properly, however, when I go to the web console I have some more errors (see NewError.jpg attached).
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
4/21/2010 3:36:35 AM: Multiple scanning servers requires the enterprise edition

Go into the configuration tool and delete the server that you are not using. (if you have only one server)
twnadmin
Engaged Sweeper
Error log is attached. Also, after I installed LanSweeper 3.5 quite some time ago, we changed the default password for the 'lansweeperuser' After the upgrade to 4.0, I noticed the default password was in the config files so I replaced them in all three locations. If the default password is in the Lansweeperservice.exe.config then the service doesn't start, but if I put in the default password the service does start, even though it takes a long time.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Please post your errorlog.txt file