cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cgrey
Engaged Sweeper
We have a registry value that is scanned ( HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Lumension\LMAgent\EndpointID). I would like to create a custom action based on the Value retrieved. Any ideas on how to go about getting that value into a variable ? Is it even possible?

Corwin
4 REPLIES 4
mrdaytrade
Engaged Sweeper III
cgrey wrote:
We have a registry value that is scanned ( HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Lumension\LMAgent\EndpointID). I would like to create a custom action based on the Value retrieved. Any ideas on how to go about getting that value into a variable ? Is it even possible?

I see that this is an old post but, what type of registry value is being scanned? Is it a matter of the value being present or not? Is the value a certain number that needs to determined? What does the custom action need to do once the particular value is determined? Just trying to get a better idea of what you want to happen?

mrdaytrade wrote:
cgrey wrote:

I see that this is an old post but, what type of registry value is being scanned? Is it a matter of the value being present or not? Is the value a certain number that needs to determined? What does the custom action need to do once the particular value is determined? Just trying to get a better idea of what you want to happen?

Our initial plan was to build a simple link on the actions page which would open another browser pages with the registry value as a URI GET request. e.g. http://patchlink/forms/computers/ComputerDetails2.aspx?AgentID=a1acb0f6-50fc-4e49-b99e-f66b49afdb41

After that we wanted to build a report showing machines that did NOT have the key present.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
It's not possible except with some heavy vbscript programming.

in short:
Use a vbscript as a custom action, pass all needed parameters
Open the database in the vbscript and retrieve the needed value from the database
cgrey
Engaged Sweeper
Lansweeper wrote:
It's not possible except with some heavy vbscript programming.

in short:
Use a vbscript as a custom action, pass all needed parameters
Open the database in the vbscript and retrieve the needed value from the database

dagnabit! I was afraid that was what you were going to say.