cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sarmo
Engaged Sweeper III
I upgraded followed instructions for upgrading from the 2/18 beta 4 to the 3/2 beta 4 using the upgradebeta.sql script and now the info when viewing devices in the web page is just a bunch of SQL code. The following two screenshots are what I get when I click on Add New Device and when I try to view details of an existing device.
7 REPLIES 7
sarmo
Engaged Sweeper III
Ah, your question lead me to find the answer. I looked to see the owner of the DB which was lansweeperuser. I was logging in to the DB using windows authentication and using my domain admin account. So I tried again using SQL Server Authentication with lansweeperuser as the user, and it said both commands completed successfully (which is exactly the same message that I got when I ran the script as the domain admin user), but this time it worked. Thanks for the help.
To modify the DB, will I always have to login as the owner, and not just a local or domain admin?
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
sarmo wrote:
To modify the DB, will I always have to login as the owner, and not just a local or domain admin?

Normally you don't have to do this except for this fix to upgrade the beta.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
With which user were you logged on when you ran the script?
Did you ran it from the SQL server management console?

most likely the owner is not .dbo
sarmo
Engaged Sweeper III
Yes, I applied the script to the correct db. I went ahead and ran it again with the "use lansweeperdb" code and it said:

Msg 2714, Level 16, State 3, Procedure web40DevActionsA, Line 2
There is already an object named 'web40DevActionsA' in the database.
Msg 2714, Level 16, State 3, Procedure web40DevActionsB, Line 2
There is already an object named 'web40DevActionsB' in the database.

After restarting all the services, I'm still getting the same issue when looking at the properties of devices and creating a new device.
sarmo
Engaged Sweeper III
This was using the upgradebeta.sql you sent me yesterday. Everything seems to work, except for device properties and adding a device. I tried creating a sql script with the code you pasted above and running it against the SQL database instance and it didn't help. Do I need to run the upgradebeta.sql script again?
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
sarmo wrote:
This was using the upgradebeta.sql you sent me yesterday. Everything seems to work, except for device properties and adding a device. I tried creating a sql script with the code you pasted above and running it against the SQL database instance and it didn't help. Do I need to run the upgradebeta.sql script again?

It should work, are you sure you did it on the correct database?

If you doubt add "use lansweeperdb" at the top

use lansweeperdb
GO
CREATE PROCEDURE [dbo].[web40DevActionsA]
AS SELECT Description, Action, Icon, confirmation
FROM dbo.tsysdeviceactions
WHERE (enabled = 1) AND (Advanced = 1)
ORDER BY sortorder
GO

CREATE PROCEDURE [dbo].[web40DevActionsB]
WHERE (enabled = 1) AND (Advanced IS NULL OR
Advanced = 0)
ORDER BY sortorder
GO
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
I've mailed you the missing sql script afterwards.

CREATE PROCEDURE [dbo].[web40DevActionsA]
WHERE (enabled = 1) AND (Advanced = 1)
ORDER BY sortorder
GO

CREATE PROCEDURE [dbo].[web40DevActionsB]
WHERE (enabled = 1) AND (Advanced IS NULL OR
Advanced = 0)
ORDER BY sortorder