cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brobison
Engaged Sweeper
My company has been evaluating Lansweeper for the past couple of weeks, and I must say, this is an impressive tool.
I do have some questions however, and I would appreciate any help/answers from the group.

1) How big should I expect the database to be? I have 1,400 PCs and about 1,500 network devices (my eval was done with just a few OUs and subnets).

2) There are 2 files that have the db password stored in clear text. Has anyone ever had any concerns or problems with those files being compromised? If so, what did you do to address the issue?

3) Along those same lines, is there anything beyond NTFS permissions that can be used to limit access to the console and admin app?

4) Is there a way to have Lansweeper ignore certain types of network devices? We are only really interested in printers. If I delete all non-printer devices from the device type lookup table, would that prevent them from being scanned, or do I have to add each name in the exclusion list? Or is there another way?

5) is the renewal price the same as the purchase price, or is it more?

Those are my questions for now. Thanks for the help.
1 REPLY 1
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
1) How big should I expect the database to be? I have 1,400 PCs and about 1,500 network devices (my eval was done with just a few OUs and subnets).

It depends on how long you keep the eventlogs.
2-4 GB

2) There are 2 files that have the db password stored in clear text. Has anyone ever had any concerns or problems with those files being compromised? If so, what did you do to address the issue?

Only administrators can access these files on your server right?

3) Along those same lines, is there anything beyond NTFS permissions that can be used to limit access to the console and admin app?

Firewalling the website?

4) Is there a way to have Lansweeper ignore certain types of network devices? We are only really interested in printers. If I delete all non-printer devices from the device type lookup table, would that prevent them from being scanned, or do I have to add each name in the exclusion list? Or is there another way?

You can add ip ranges with only the printers to be scanned or you can exclude the other IP addresses.

5) is the renewal price the same as the purchase price, or is it more?

Usually the same as your initial price.