cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
adminicrater
Engaged Sweeper
I am very new to this company and haven't really had a chance to check out the network at all (I am tasked with License Management on this contract). But within Lansweeper ErrorLog.txt I am receiving these error messages:

3/1/2010 4:51:16 PM: Login failed for user 'lansweeperuser'. Reason: Server is in single user mode. Only one administrator can connect at this time.
at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.GetConnection(DbConnection owningObject)
at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.GetConnection(DbConnection owningConnection)
at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionClosed.OpenConnection(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.Open()
at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.QuietOpen(IDbConnection connection, ConnectionState& originalState)
at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.FillInternal(DataSet dataset, DataTable[] datatables, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior)
at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior)
at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet, String srcTable)
at LansweeperService.MdlServiceStatus.WriteServiceStatus()

3/3/2010 12:01:44 PM: System.DirectoryServices.Protocols.LdapDirectoryIdentifier A local error occurred.

3/3/2010 12:02:05 PM: System.DirectoryServices.Protocols.LdapDirectoryIdentifier The LDAP server is unavailable.

Lastly, should my action "Trigger Scan" work (even with Active Scanning and no LSclients?) I typically see "failure"

5 REPLIES 5
adminicrater
Engaged Sweeper
Sure don't ..so I presume that error is no longer relevant. I do however continuously receive the LDAP error.
adminicrater wrote:
Sure don't ..so I presume that error is no longer relevant. I do however continuously receive the LDAP error.

The ldap error is most certainly from the "dead" DC.
You can safely ignore it.
adminicrater
Engaged Sweeper
🙂 Very small I.T. shop at this location. I just used the SQLExpress that Lansweeper Downloads.

It is possible that a DC died and was never properly removed from AD. I did just found that they have a DNS (A) record of this dead DC pointing to one of the other DC's. Not sure if they had an application that depended on this hostname or why they did this.

Any suggestions? As Lansweeper seems to work well right now.. am I missing something?
adminicrater wrote:
Any suggestions? As Lansweeper seems to work well right now.. am I missing something?

Do you still see the single user after you restart the service?
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
3/1/2010 4:51:16 PM: Login failed for user 'lansweeperuser'. Reason: Server is in single user mode. Only one administrator can connect at this time.

Better have the DB admin look at this, this happens when the database is in recovery mode.

3/3/2010 12:01:44 PM: System.DirectoryServices.Protocols.LdapDirectoryIdentifier A local error occurred.
3/3/2010 12:02:05 PM: System.DirectoryServices.Protocols.LdapDirectoryIdentifier The LDAP server is unavailable.

This error happens when one of the Domain Controllers is unavailable.

Lastly, should my action "Trigger Scan" work (even with Active Scanning and no LSclients?) I typically see "failure"

If the service is running you should get a success. (point 1 may prevent the service from starting)