cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mbonal
Engaged Sweeper III
This code will enumerate the domain and scan every PC on it, regardless of the domains you have.

\\servername\share\psexec.exe \\* -c -u "domain\username" -p "password" \\server\share\lsclient "name of server where lansweeper resides"

THis is how I am scanning across the domain now and iw works great!
14 REPLIES 14
Bulwinkle
Engaged Sweeper
Well I have it woking just fine I use a cmd window to verify that the {computer} registered with my Lansweeper server it goes somthing like this:

cmd.exe /k "psexec.exe \\{computer} \\server\share\lsclient.exe" name of the computer where lansweeper server is running or you could call the .bat listed below

the qoutes are needed due to the cmd window

this will Trigger a scan of the {computer} and give you confirmation that the proccess executed we use a more powerful server to handle the processing of the scan so our web server is not slowed up.

We created a .bat file that calls the LSClient.exe and directs it to the processing server.

this is what the contents of the bat file is realy simple - \\server\share\lsclient.exe XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX
Cobra7
Champion Sweeper
You either didn't fill in your user name and password correctly or you are not an admin on those PC's.
jagger
Engaged Sweeper
So I got the scprit running, but I get access is denied for every machine, any Ideas?
taeratrin
Champion Sweeper
Keep in mind that this method does not fill in the user information correctly. It will show whatever you put in after the -u as being the logged-in user.
taeratrin wrote:
Keep in mind that this method does not fill in the user information correctly. It will show whatever you put in after the -u as being the logged-in user.

Workaround: then we must use variables {username} and {userdomain} like this:

psexec.exe \\{computer} -u {userdomain}\{username} -p password \\server\share\lsclient.exe name of the computer where lansweeper server is running
cosminbro wrote:
taeratrin wrote:

psexec.exe \\{computer} -u {userdomain}\{username} -p password \\server\share\lsclient.exe name of the computer where lansweeper server is running

So all of the users on your network have the same password?
taeratrin wrote:
cosminbro wrote:
taeratrin wrote:

So all of the users on your network have the same password?

No, sorry, i didn't observe .... I was at home !

So go buy premium !
kaarde
Engaged Sweeper III
taeratrin wrote:

Your right, but for an initial sweep or for the purpose of trying the program this is an exellent way to scan. It's perfect if you only need hardware and software and faster than the loggin script method. Besides that I use Lansweeper for machine and software not users (they just hate being treated like numbers )
taeratrin
Champion Sweeper
kaarde wrote:
taeratrin wrote:

Your right, but for an initial sweep or for the purpose of trying the program this is an exellent way to scan. It's perfect if you only need hardware and software and faster than the loggin script method. Besides that I use Lansweeper for machine and software not users (they just hate being treated like numbers )

That's why I built that deployment tool. Does basically the same thing.

You mean you don't have problems with users sending in tickets that don't mention what computer they're on? We get that all of the time, and I got sick of wasting time asking them to send in the computer name. Half the time, you'd get no response at all. The other half, you'd get a response like 'My computer name is Optiplex 740'. I implemented Lansweeper to solve this problem, and so far it's been working out well.

I did do alot of research on how to make the deployment tool (and psexec) run the process as the local session user, but it turns out to be impossible.

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now