cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cbeauregard
Engaged Sweeper
Hi All,

1.probably an easy one. the info in specific OU's do not seem to update correctly.

Ex: in one of my OU,s we have more than 300 computers in AD but in lansweeper, it shows about 3 machines but, they are all in the inventory if i search for them manually.

I have the same issues with other OU's.

I did use the OU scanning restriction at one point but i have now removed it.

2. Other issue, when i search for a User it might find domain\username instead of the full name. I have looked into both accounts and dont see anyhting different on how the client information is filled in.

6 REPLIES 6
cbeauregard
Engaged Sweeper
Hi,

Just talked to our windows admin team and they tell me every user account has a read access to all OU's so the account should be able to retrieve any info that it needs.

Any other clue?
cbeauregard wrote:
Hi,

Just talked to our windows admin team and they tell me every user account has a read access to all OU's so the account should be able to retrieve any info that it needs.

Any other clue?

Use a domain account instead of a local account.
cbeauregard
Engaged Sweeper
You know what, it might just be that.

I used my own account i the beginning but we now use a service account, that service account is only inside local PC account,,,,it might not have the same rights.

We're checking into it.

thanks
cbeauregard
Engaged Sweeper
Hi,

here's one machine that i see all info but gives an error, i see this on multiple scanning in the errorlog

Active directory computer lookup Unknown error (0x80005000)
cbeauregard wrote:
Active directory computer lookup Unknown error (0x80005000)

The lansweeper scanning account cannot lookup the computer in active directory. (you might check the permissions on the computer object)
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Can you check the errorlog.txt file for errors related to active directory lookup.