cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LesSprott
Engaged Sweeper
I have purchased the premium tools and yet when I am finally able to get remote control to work it tells me I have an unlicensed version (limited to 60 seconds) and it opened up window after window and just kept going.

anyone else have this problem?

Also, I cannot launch it from the console. I have to go to the server and open a cmd prompt to run it.

when I launch it from the console it says file not found, but I have checked it many times and cut and paste it into the run box and it works just not from the console.

15 REPLIES 15
LesSprott
Engaged Sweeper
that worked.

From the instructions it says;

"TCP Ports 139, 445 and 5900 should be open on the server from the client."

does that mean the server needs these ports open, the client (target machine) needs these ports open or both?

thanks,
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
LesSprott wrote:

"TCP Ports 139, 445 and 5900 should be open on the server from the client."
does that mean the server needs these ports open, the client (target machine) needs these ports open or both?

The client should have these ports open.
LesSprott
Engaged Sweeper
also, if i run lsremote from my pc (firefox) it again tells me that lsremote is not licensed, but this time the registration is grey and I cannot edit it.

Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
LesSprott wrote:
also, if i run lsremote from my pc (firefox) it again tells me that lsremote is not licensed, but this time the registration is grey and I cannot edit it.

It's gray when it's connecting.
Easiest way to register it on all computers is to use the "license.txt" file.
LesSprott
Engaged Sweeper
I noticed that also... ok, do I need to create a GPO setting to open up port 5900 all the PCs for lsremote to work?

Thanks,
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
It looks like you creating a loop between the remote control and remote desktop which causes an unlimited screen refresh.
LesSprott
Engaged Sweeper
it wouldn't upload so i emailed it to your forum with the subject line - thread Remote control unlicensed version limited to 60 seconds
LesSprott
Engaged Sweeper
here is an attempt to attach a file...
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Which command are you using?
Could you post a screenshot please.

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now