cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chris_sterner
Engaged Sweeper II
I have configured the report I found on here for reporting which computers have certain services in a Stopped state and start mode set to manual. I want to run a script or something against that report to turn those services on and set to automatic. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
To deploy a change on multiple machines at once, you'll need to use the deployment module. You cannot use asset actions for this. General information on creating and running deployment packages can be found in this section of our knowledge base. To start and set the startup type of a service, you should be able to use Command steps and commands similar to the ones below. (You'll need to insert your own service name and startup type of course.)

net start <service name>
sc config <service name> start= <mode>

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
To deploy a change on multiple machines at once, you'll need to use the deployment module. You cannot use asset actions for this. General information on creating and running deployment packages can be found in this section of our knowledge base. To start and set the startup type of a service, you should be able to use Command steps and commands similar to the ones below. (You'll need to insert your own service name and startup type of course.)

net start <service name>
sc config <service name> start= <mode>