cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ccdesktop
Champion Sweeper
Something that we have started to notice recently is that the Digital Dashboard is quite slow to load and often doesn't load 100% (even though no errors nor does it show as still loading) but you know it didn't complete properly as you don't see the OS listing down the right hand side and if you try a search you get "Error on page" in the IE bottom left hand corner and can't search.

If you use IE 7 or 8 to do a custom search straight to Lansweeper and bypass the Digital Dashboard it loads a lot quicker and also you can search fine from the Lansweeper from that Computer screen - it only seems to be a problem / slowness / not loading 100% of the first digital dashboard.

Any ideas?

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Lansweeper has indexes for the default report, if you create custom reports for specific fields these might not be indexed.

The problem is that the indexing wizard tools are not available in the free SQL versions.
ccdesktop
Champion Sweeper
We have solved it - we just indexed the database and it flies now!

One for the KB maybe?
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Do you have details about the timeout you get? (maybe an error)
ccdesktop
Champion Sweeper
Yep - does seem to be this.

So I have moved the big reports to software or hardware reports rather than the digital dashboard. Trouble is now Software page doesn't load properly.

Any way of increasing the timeout before the page gives up loading. I could live with a longer load time on the hardware / software report times.

Thanks.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
If you have the SQL full version you can use the SQL profiler to search for long running queries.
ccdesktop
Champion Sweeper
Ahh - so front page reports may be the issue.../

Yes we do have quite a few. Yes this is 3.5.

I will disable a few reports and see what happens.

Will update.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Do you have any reports on the dashboard with lots of results. (long running queries)
PS. (this is about 3.5 version right?)