cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gene_Galaxo
Engaged Sweeper II
Can I update the beta 4 18/2 to the new version? Or the Installation create a new empty Database?
9 REPLIES 9
mrmcfu
Engaged Sweeper
That's the thing with Beta products - you have to be ready to scrap it all as soon as the new version comes out. I'm in the same boat - I want to keep the data, but then I remember I shouldn't have installed it I wasn't ready to nuke it all.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Please mail us to test the beta upgrade script. (from beta 18/2 to the current beta) : lansweeper@hemoco.com
mrmcfu
Engaged Sweeper
Lansweeper wrote:
Please mail us to test the beta upgrade script. (from beta 18/2 to the current beta) : lansweeper@hemoco.com

Oh sweet maybe not!
dboala
Engaged Sweeper
I've been testing Lansweeper 4 beta ( 18.02 ) for about a week. It solves a problem that bothered me a lot in 3.5.2 ( workstations with the same name in different domains not scanned properly). The new beta is much better and can even be used in production with a little care. I would like to upgrade to the new beta ( 02.03 ) but my database is quite large ( 1200+ workstations and servers ) and I can't afford to wait another week or two to rebuild it.

I think it would really be nice for you to provide us with an alternate way to upgrade between betas, while preserving the content of the database. This would really be very usefull for other beta testers too. For example: provide the contents of Program Files\Lansweeper to overwrite the existing one and if necessary , a SQL script to upgrade the database. If anyone has another suggestion, please feel free to comment.

Could you please consider my suggestion ?

Thank you
Dan
Gene_Galaxo
Engaged Sweeper II
Do you have a timeline for a release candidate (No new features more)?
Gene_Galaxo wrote:
Do you have a timeline for a release candidate (No new features more)?

No more features will be implemented, except for enhancements of device scanning if needed.
sebouh
Engaged Sweeper
Does that mean I would need to uninstall the current version, empty the database or will the install just overwrite things?
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
sebouh wrote:
Does that mean I would need to uninstall the current version, empty the database or will the install just overwrite things?

You can just overwrite everything.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
You will need to overwrite everything and start with an empty database.