cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
limdin
Engaged Sweeper
Hi

I searched previous topics regarding this problem but I couldn't find a fix to our situation. We have about 60 client computers for scan. 29 Scanned and all good. 32 scanned and it's got red mark.

The error messages are:
1. The RPC server is unavailable 0x800706BA
2. Cannot connect to DCOM port 135 : Firewalled?

When I run connection test for a computer, I get below results.

Remote WMI test
-----------------------------------------------
Found: Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3
\root\cimv2 Remote WMI access test OK

Remote Registry test using WMI
-----------------------------------------------
Found: Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 3
\root\default Remote WMI access test OK

WMI is ok. Pings ok. No other security/firewall softwares installed. Checked port 135, open.

What am I doing wrong? Please help.

Thanks in advance.
8 REPLIES 8
limdin
Engaged Sweeper
Ok, here's the summary to my problem and fix. WMI repair did most of the job. I did have to edit some DNS entries for few computers - weird. It's all working now. Thanks.
limdin
Engaged Sweeper
Just posted the error messages. I can see the software reports, etc. Before repairing WMI, I couldn't see any software reports and OS, etc. After repairing WMI, I can see software reports, and more. But I still have an error. It's doing the job even with the error message. I'll keep an eye on it for awhile. I'm pretty sure it's me doing something incorrectly. Thanks.
limdin
Engaged Sweeper
Ok. I had to repair WMI and update DNS records. This fixed MOST. But there are few that still have RPC server unavailable error and WMI error even though the services are started and WMI repaired and no firewalls.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
limdin wrote:
Ok. I had to repair WMI and update DNS records. This fixed MOST. But there are few that still have RPC server unavailable error and WMI error even though the services are started and WMI repaired and no firewalls.

Are you able to telnet to the computer on port 135?
Could you please provide a new screenshot of the error.
limdin
Engaged Sweeper
I'll try that. Also, I forgot to mention about DNS. I did find very few issues name resolving to proper IP. Not all 33 computers with error were having this problem though. However, it's been fixed now. I'll flush dns on the lansweeper server just to be sure. It's the weekend and I'll be checking it out early next week.

Thanks.
ivanoez
Engaged Sweeper
limdin wrote:

What am I doing wrong? Please help.

Thanks in advance.

hi. usually i use that script from cmd on the remote machine.

lansweeper.cmd

netsh firewall set service RemoteAdmin enable
net start rpcss
net start wmiapsrv
netsh firewall add portopening tcp 9524 lanscan

Try it.
did you try antimalware software scanning?
limdin
Engaged Sweeper
Added screenshot of error tab in 1st post. thanks.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Could you post a screenshot of the errorpage please (tab "errors" on the webpage)