cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cue-Ball
Engaged Sweeper
I'm a brand new user of LanSweeper. Just setup a clean install and am scanning my local network. I went through all of the documentation on troubleshooting agentless scans, but it hasn't helped. From what I can tell this should be working, but isn't.

I created a new AD user called DOMAIN\lansweeper. I added that user to an AD security group called "Server Admins" and created a GPO that gives that group local domain admin access to my Windows servers. If I sign into any of my servers and open lusrmgr I can see that "Server Admins" is a member of the local Administrators group. If I log into my LanSweeper server and run testconnection.exe against a server, using the "DOMAIN\lansweeper" user credentials, the tool works and shows both cimv2 and default remote WMI access OK. However, when I try to scan the assets it does not work. The scanning credentials are set as Global Windows and the asset itself says "Scanning Access denied - possible causes: Scanning credential is missing administrative privileges on <computer>. Username/password incorrect for: Global (<DOMAIN>\lansweeper)", so I know the credentials are being used correctly. If I change the credentials to those of a domain admin, scanning works fine. Additionally, the credentials work fine on Windows 10 workstations (they use a slightly different GPO, but I know that both GPOs are applied and the "lansweeper" user shows up as a local administrator on both), so the credentials themselves are valid. I also verified that this isn't the DCOM Server Security Feature causing the issue.

What is going on here? The credentials work fine on workstations, and they work fine in testconnection.exe, but they don't work in LanSweeper itself. I'm running v. 8.4.100.10, which is the latest available, so it's not an outdated install.

Any ideas would be welcome.

EDIT: Not sure what happened, but I logged on this morning and now everything is hunky dory. I manually scanned items multiple times over the last two days of troubleshooting and each scan would fail. Suddenly today, they're all working. No idea what happened, but the issue seems to be resolved.
0 REPLIES 0