General Discussions

Find answers to technical questions about Lansweeper.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Deployment ask user before install

HelloIs it possible to ask the user at the beginning of installation if it is ok to install an software package now?In case of upgrades it is necessary to shutdown the programm before, and i dont want to do this without warning.Installation during th...

Resolved! Lansweeper 6: test setup

I have an existing setup running V5.3.22i have restored a backup of this db on a new server.i am now doing the upgrade to v6 on this new server but i am stuck on "update in progress - processing script 1 of 124"how long does this process take? are th...

Slicer by Engaged Sweeper III
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Asset type -> Sim-Card

Hi all,I'm rather noob here so keep it in mind When I create a new asset I would like to have "Sim-Card" as an option. This should then be linked to a smartphone afterwards.Is this possible to create myself or is this feature not included? Kind regar...

Preve by Engaged Sweeper II
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Ticket custom field order

Is it possible to rearrange the order of the combobox values within a ticket custom field? Right now they only seem to display in the order they were added.

Chadh by Engaged Sweeper II
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos

Resolved! snmp serial number values

I'm trying to get fields populated on everything I can in Lansweeper. As such, I'm targeting right now some Cisco Surveillance Cameras. I've enabled snmp on them, and on certain models, it pulls the value in just fine, but on other models, it does n...

jwood_mls by Champion Sweeper
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Create a report searching a specific file?

I looked through the existing reports and did not see one to search a specific file. There's 2 included for IExplorer and Firefox. I figured I'd cheat and just edit one of those, replacing firefox.exe with 0612.txt.Unfortunately that did not work as ...

Filter unwanted sections of a helpdesk email

When users reply to a helpdesk case, I would like to find a way to exclude extra lines (email signature, etc). I realize that there is a line saying "### Everything above this line is added to your ticket ###" but the email header and signature goes ...

mghabel by Engaged Sweeper II
  • 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Software pack in license compliance

Hi,I've done some searching before I opened this topic, to no avail.I've just starting using the software license compliance section of lansweeper, but I'm not sure what the best practice is for bundled software.For example: we take daily images of c...