General Discussions

Find answers to technical questions about Lansweeper.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Dashboard Layout Questions

Have couple questions in regards to the dashboard layout and customizations. 1. Is there a way to apply changes from one layout/dashboard view to all users logging in, or are they done already?2. Can I set default home page? (general tabs seem to ta...

PeterJG by Champion Sweeper II
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Install msi application to logged on user

Trying to figure out an MSI command(s) that will install an msi application to a remote computer using the deploy software feature in lansweeper. So far, if the user is not an admin if their computer, it fails. If I select system credentials or lan...

jdaniel by Engaged Sweeper III
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Email alert when new machine is discovered on a subnet

I know this should be possible, but is there a way to kick off an alert when a new system is discovered on a subnet? I have vendors who keep plugging their laptops into my domain in violation of their agreements and we would like to catch them at it ...

Azkor by Engaged Sweeper II
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Premium member access

Didn't there used to be a forum for premium members? We recently updated our license and I can't seem to remember where I go to update that on the forum to gain access.Is the premium member access no longer available?

spamking by Engaged Sweeper III
  • 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Configuring with Direct Access

Is it possible to enable full LanSweeper functionality with DirectAccess (c$, package Deployment options) ?Is there a KB or guide somewhere that can assist with this configuration?The Only thing I found was http://www.lansweeper.com/Forum/yaf_postsm3...

Resolved! Computer OU's

So I'm moving a few computers into different OU's in our ADManager. I have confirmed that they are in fact in the new OU in ADmanager. When I re-scan them in lansweeper, everything is successful but they are still being displayed in their original OU...

MR1371 by Engaged Sweeper II
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Delete software records only from retired assets

We fully utilize Lansweeper for asset management so we keep records of retired and disposed of equipment for audit purposes, especially for software licensing.As we secure erase all retired/disposed equipment we would also like to remove all the data...

ukaussi by Engaged Sweeper
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Re-scan after package deployment

It would be very handy if Lansweeper had a "re-scan after deployment" when deploying a package.This would mean that with one "deploy package" command, you could wake a bunch of PCs up (using the existing wake-on-lan option), deploy, re-scan them and ...

andrewb by Engaged Sweeper II
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos