General Discussions

Find answers to technical questions about Lansweeper.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! IP Range Scanning - Additional options

there are some additional options when adding an IP Range to scan that aren't mentioned in the documentation, specifically, 'Scan New Windows Only' and 'Save Pinged IP'.My questions thenWhat is 'Save Pinged IP' and 'Scan New Windows Only' for? How wo...

aplrich by Engaged Sweeper III
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! SNMP for Cisco

I am trying to configure Lansweeper to scan our Cisco switches. I have Level 1 access http://10.XXX.XXX.X/level/01. But when I just enter only the IP address, it is asking for Level 15 access. When I use the Devicetester, I get the following messag...

Okan by Engaged Sweeper III
  • 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Help me understand what LS can do in these areas...

I just started using lansweeper at my company. I've read some documentation but still have some questions if anyone can help me.1.) Automated CMBD -> Where can I find out more about this? I searched the documentation for "CMDB" and it found 0 hits. I...

chrishps by Engaged Sweeper II
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Anti-virus Out of Date

Maybe I am missing it somewhere, but I see on my Summary page for a computer that it's AV Defs are Out-of-Date, but how does LANSweeper determine that? How many days old do the defs have to be for LANSweeper to throw things into the bucket? Or is the...

Brendan440 by Engaged Sweeper II
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Repoint a Lansweeper scanner to a different database

Is there any potential harm in taking an existing installed Lansweeper Scanserver and stopping the service, changing the config file to point at a different database and restarting the service? I'm looking to migrate all of my current scanservers to...

DaveinJP by Engaged Sweeper III
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! event viewer

I cannot connect to any pc's Event Viewerwhen I try to connect to event viewerget the following errorEvent viewer cannot open the event log or custom view. Verify that the event log service is running or query is to long. Access is denied(5)

noelJCD by Engaged Sweeper
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos