General Discussions

Find answers to technical questions about Lansweeper.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Searching For A Renamed Windows Asset In Comments

I'd like to have the ability to query within the search window on Comments - either for an old assetname (now renamed) or on the keyword 'Renamed' which would offer a list of those assets which have the automatically generated comment that begins wit...

brianraley by Engaged Sweeper III
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Underscores in computer name

When I use the search bar in Lansweeper, if I enter an underscore then the computer will not be found. This is a problem as most of our computers are in the format xxx_xxx_xxI can enter the first 3 letters and there will be 10 suggestions but if the ...

Jstanford by Engaged Sweeper II
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Documentation & advanced actions

Trying to get company to use Lansweeper and they are not all as technically adept as many LS admins so can we please update the LS document as it is not actually updated to the current build even though it says 5.2 on the front.Specifically, I notice...

ukaussi by Engaged Sweeper
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Anti-virus definition scanning

Hi folks,I always check the new features in the releases and at this point I have to say: very nice work - lansweeper get's better and better every release.But I can't find the new added feature in 5.2: Anti-virus definition scanningCan someone tell ...

ppoppe by Engaged Sweeper
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Lansweeper scanning with service account it runs under first

I have multiple domains I am scanning and although I have credential mapping setup with service accounts per domain, I am getting thousands of security event log failures for the service account that the Lansweeper service is running under. Does any...

chada by Engaged Sweeper III
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Inventory of parts

Okay so I'm probably dreaming here but thats what wish lists are for right? I'd love to use LS as our one stop shop for all things IT, and I'm really looking forward to the help desk part, but I'd also like to keep track of our on hand inventory of *...

RTI_IT by Champion Sweeper
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Generating QR Codes

Hi Everyone,Is there a way I can generate a QR code file for each asset in our database with a script or something? I have about 800 workstations and I am working on a project that calls for each workstation to be identified by a QR code label. I've ...

Resolved! WMI Error when deploying software

Very impressed with the deployment feature so far. However, when deploying software to some computers it fails & I get an error in the Deployment Log that says, "WMI Error While Connecting: Invalid query". The same deployment package works fine on ot...