General Discussions

Find answers to technical questions about Lansweeper.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Dell Warranty problem

I'm with some machines that are with warranty and other does not.All machines have the serial and warranty those that do not appear when I click the right serial dell appear on the date. Would any way to update these fields?

Resolved! ESX 4.0 Build 208167 is recognized as linux asset

Got an VMware ESX 4.0 (Build 208167) which is recognized by lansweeper 5.0.0.10 as linux server, but not as vmware-server. All my other VMWares (ESXi 5.1.0) are identified correct!Tested with DeviceTester:Lansweeper DeviceTester 5.0.0.10Scanning Lans...

jsassm by Engaged Sweeper II
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Errorlog file size

Over the years the errorlog.txt file size has increased in size, it's now 862MB, can I delete and recreate this file somehow?

poweld1 by Champion Sweeper
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! License Tracking Best Practices...

Keeping track of licensed software is pretty straightforward. But how are you keeping track of unlicensed software, such as Drivers, Adobe Flash Player, Adobe Reader, Etc... I originally created a Group called "Unlicensed Software" and added all th...

ezhess by Engaged Sweeper
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Health scan

Does Lansweeper scan for component health? Does it report when a harddrive might be failing or a fan not spinning properly? Or any other computer health reports?

cojast by Engaged Sweeper III
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Archiving data

Hi,Can anyone thing of a good way to "archive" data of old machines just for reference?It would be nice if this feature existing in lansweeper. basically just suck out all the data and place in a separate table just to be able to see what was last re...

danielm by Champion Sweeper II
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! How to add different licenses of the same MS OFFICE ?

For several years we bought different MS Office licenses (MOLP and BOX)For ecxample(A) 5 Licenses MS Office 2000 Standard BOX(B) 5 Licenses MS Office XP Standard MOLP - downgrade posibility - OFFICE 2000(C) 5 Licenses MS Office 2003 standard MOLP - d...

m3admin by Engaged Sweeper
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Largest scan

I was wondering if people could tell me what thier largest scan is?I mean how many clients can you scan using lansweeper and do you need a beefy server?I am looking at using this to track over 30,000 assets and didnt know if that was too much for thi...

cojast by Engaged Sweeper III
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos