cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mwrobo09
Champion Sweeper

I know this question has been posted before and I have not seen any answers that people have got it to work.  When I scan a Cisco 92xx or 93xx series switch it is not pulling the mac address-table via SNMP for these switches.  I can see what is connected to each port on older 29xx and 35xx series switches via SNMP1 or 2, but not on these newer switches.

I did see a reply to a similar question that had a link to this document, but I saw no replies saying it fixed the issue of seeing what device is connected to which port.

https://netscantools.blogspot.com/2013/07/configuring-cisco-ios-switches-for-use.html?_sm_au_=iVVZWn...

Has anyone had success in getting what is connected to each port on these newer Cisco switches and if so how are you scanning those devices to get that information?  If it is an MIB issue, anyone have an MIB that works for these devices?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
mwrobo09
Champion Sweeper

Found out what the issue was, we had a @ symbol in the community and that was causing the issue,  removed it and it fixed the problem.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
mwrobo09
Champion Sweeper

Found out what the issue was, we had a @ symbol in the community and that was causing the issue,  removed it and it fixed the problem.

Hello everyone, unfortunately this does not work for us under SNMPv2. We also had an @ in the community string, I tried without @, unfortunately without success. Do you have an idea?

King regard MatzeK

mwrobo09
Champion Sweeper

did you change the config on the switch and add a new SNMP name, or change the old one?  Will not work if you did not.

I added a new communtiy string on the switch and a new SNMP credential in Lansweeper.

mwrobo09
Champion Sweeper

Had that issue as well.  You will need to remove the SNMP value from IP Range in scanning credential for that subnet and then rescan the device, and then it should show up.  I believe if you then add the old SNMP to the range after you scan it will remember which value it used previously to scan.

Oh yeah. it works! 🙂 Thanks you so much!

Have a nice weekend!

MatzeK

Obi_1_Cinobi
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support

Hello there!

Thanks for coming back to this post and sharing the solution!