cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tschaller
Engaged Sweeper
A feature for cloning assets inside lansweeper would be very helpful. Especially if you purchase more of specific models to not have to fill out everything from scratch.
4 REPLIES 4
tschaller
Engaged Sweeper
We are tracking periphery devices like docking stations, keyboards, cameras or some monitors manually which are used mainly outside of our office / network.

We currently have about 80 such devices some using mostly the same few models.

There is an option to import assets with an csv, but I'll have to try it in the next few days when we want to import multiple devices.
rom
Champion Sweeper II
I'm pretty sure if you import purchased PCs, say from a vendor order, it will make the assets, but then make a dupe once the PC joins the domain and is scanned via active scanning.

Blackmoon are you importing windows assets that would be scanned via active scanning? i'm guessing not. if so, it doesn't make a dupe when actually scanned? It's been a while but I think it makes a dupe.
blackmoonwolf
Engaged Sweeper III
Timo wrote:
A feature for cloning assets inside lansweeper would be very helpful. Especially if you purchase more of specific models to not have to fill out everything from scratch.

I've considered that having the ability to fill out a CSV and upload it would be pretty handy. This functionality saves us TONS of time trying to manage - literally - THOUSANDS of assets in the data center that I work in.

Implementing it shouldn't be too terribly difficult...
rom
Champion Sweeper II
what exactly are you having to fill out when you purchase more models?