cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dan909
Engaged Sweeper II

Hi All,

I couldn't find any information in the API docmentation so I figured I would reach out to the community. Are there any API's available through LS Cloud that allow the modification of asset information, specifically the state, location, and contact fields?

We've been looking at making a Powerapp as a companion to lansweeper since the on prem and even cloud websites don't lend themselves to use on mobile. Our hope was that through this power app, we could scan a QR code of an asset, update some information (such as who has it, what state is it in, and where is it) through an LS Cloud API, and then have those changes reflect on prem. This would also be in addition to some internal administrative processes kicked off by the app.

If there's no available API currently, is anyone from LS able to give us an idea as to whether one is coming? This would really make our processes simpler vs having to create a seperate service or scheduled script to update the database with any changes.

Thanks,

Dan

6 REPLIES 6
george29
Engaged Sweeper III

i've been using lansweeper for years. when lansweeper was on prem, the answer was always that the API is coming. it came with the cloud, but pretty much read only, which is really limiting. no ability to create or update custom fields via API, the custom fields are not sync'd between on prem and cloud. a few major gaps to making lansweeper API great

Hi @george29 , we are actually working in this very moment on the possibility of editing assets' properties thru the API. I don't have an exact ETA, but I'm quite positive that we'll be able to release this in time for the next F-launch, which should be at the beginning of the summer. Please stay tuned to the API release notes and any other communication we'll make here in the community.

george29
Engaged Sweeper III

this is amazing news, this will be a huge improvement to be able to use lansweeper as the source of truth database to tie all other systems to it.

ideally I'm looking to add an ID field (at a minimum) from other systems as custom attributes to lansweeper to confirm gaps. if you have any preview or betas available, i'd love to test. my initial goal is to really only work with custom attributes, I can imagine there is more complexity with overriding fields that the scanner updates also.

alidbeck
Engaged Sweeper II

While my needs are not the same, I to have found the inability to update assets via API somewhat frustrating.

Our use case as of late, is trying to update assets records from various platforms.  For our servers, we are attempting to populate the "Last Backup Date" when our nightly backup process completes.  For all assets, we are trying to populate the "Last Patched" field and another custom field from data we are pulling out of our vulnerability scanning tool (Nessus).

We also have a few custom fields that we'd like to populate with data based on a calculation from other fields already published within the asset.  Lansweeper doesn't allow this, but we think we could make this work via API as well.

We try to make lansweeper our "system of record", and for the most part we can.  At least in my line of work, there is a growing expectation in regards to the amount of reporting we are providing to management.  That transition has required us to populate additional fields in Lansweeper that we previously didn't care about.

The ability to update fields via API is really the only way I think we are going to be able to keep up with these requirements long-term.  We are really hoping this makes it to the roadmap in the near future.

DiegoPacini
Product Team
Product Team

Please have a look at this new post. Any feedback is appreciated!

DiegoPacini
Product Team
Product Team

Hi Dan, 

you are correct. There is no such functionality in the LS Cloud API as for today. All the queries are used to extract data from LS but not to update or import data into LS. It's definitely something we'll address but I can't give you any date since it's not in our roadmap yet. 

Your feedback is very important for us, and I encourage other users with the same need to comment here so that we can increase the priority of this in the future. 

Thanks

Diego